Logging dives -- need a new recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ready4Launch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is Scuba Earth a good way to log dives? My PADI log book has become a mess due to a pen. As I've been filling it out, I've also realized that I don't like it very much since there's not a lot of room to write information into some spots.

Looking for online and hard-copy ideas. Thanks.

I use an android app called dive log pro. Cost 2 dollars, very simple design and minimalist but has all the info I want. Also can log coordinates and it provides a worldwide map.

Haven't used a paper log in over a decade. First electronic log was on a Palm Pilot!!

Currently using Diving Log 5.0 but haven't upgraded to 6.0 yet.

Lots of possible configurations:
-Can sync my computer directly to my Android phone's micro USB port but the Android interface sucks.
-can sync my compter to PC and then to iOS (eg ipad). This is my usual method
-just stick to PC

There may be more combos as well.

I hzve a waterproof sleeve for the ipad to record anything not on my computer and then link the dive to computer data later.

Just make sure that whatever you choose can be exported in a variety of formats. No platform will last forever and the more export options, the more likely you will be able to transfer to a new platform in the future (lesson learned from Palm!).

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I use macdive on a Mac. One of the best pieces of software I have delt with. That is if you have a Mac. It also syncs with dive log on iOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Subsurface for downloading from dive computer/logging and then divelogs.de for my online log/videos/photos and download of a .epub/.pdf book to store on my phone so can be reviewed while offline.

Paper log. No worries about unsupported software or hardware. No electricity needed either. I can draw a map, write what interests me. I went with an old logbook page which I modified, has all the info I'm interested in.

I'm not much help. Paper log always. I looked into Scuba Earth when it first (slowly) came out--not as a way to replace my paper log, just out of interest. I found it a bit confusing at the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom