"long hose" length?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joinig the hijack, I have a Mares V32 first stage with the same 1/2" LP port. It had a 1/2" hose to go with it. I was able to purchase a 7' long hose with a 1/2" fitting for it. The downside is the aggravation of what to do if it fails on a trip and this weird size is unavailable, so I do have a 1/2" short hose in my kit. If the long hose fails, I can replace it with a 3/8" hose and run my backup reg on the 1/2" hose...

Hi Reg,

My wife and I use the Mares MR-22 Abyss, also with the 1/2" DFC ports. We decided to use the 1/2" -> 3/8" converters to allow use of standard 3/8" hose (we use Miflex hose) on the 1/2" DFC port. I agonized over the additional "failure point" the converter added, but then realized it was no more likely to fail than any other static o-ring, and I've been happy with the decision.

Just something for you to consider in the future.

Best wishes.

If you guys are telling the truth, there's some jobs on craigslist you might wanna check out (assuming everyone is 18+). I hear they pay well, and you'll get lots of internet fame.....

7' miflex hose showed up today. NICE HOSE!

Now I want to get rid of the backup (28inch from end to end) hose and replace it with a miflex that would be shorter. Looks like my options are 22" and 24". Someone said 22" was a bit short and they liked the 24" (worked with both singles and doubles). Is this generally agreeable?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom