Looking at tech. Style fins need help deciding which fin is best for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks lewisevans. If I go with this fin I will be able to get a medium. TSandM told me she likes hers. Anyone else out there tried the EXP? Where I live no one sales them. I would like to try them first or may have to take a road trip to buy a pair. If I take a road trip maybe I can try them in the stores pool. Still no real test even split fins do good in a pool with no current.

I called Divers Supply today. The store in Marietta did not have any Dive Rite EXP fins. The Macon store did not have the size I need. Any suggestions on where I can find a pair to try on?

I called Divers Supply today. The store in Marietta did not have any Dive Rite EXP fins. The Macon store did not have the size I need. Any suggestions on where I can find a pair to try on?

if you're looking to buy them, Dive Gear Express has a pretty good return policy. While I never had to return anything they are very helpful and judging by the return policy it seems to be pretty painless

Dive Gear Express:
Pre-Paid UPS Return Shipping Label -- If you wish, you may Contact Us, tell us your order number along with what item(s) you wish to return and request a FREE electronic United Parcel Service pre-paid return shipping label. Any UPS drop-off location worldwide will accept your prepaid return once the label has been printed and securely attached to the package. Please note that in areas where UPS does not offer dropoff locations, you may be unable to use the pre-paid return shipping label. If you are unable to use or choose not to use our pre-paid return label, you will be responsible for return shipping costs.

398682_2514210948019_1635541589_1745982_752846987_n.jpg
:d

I would have to second the EXPs for you. Great fins, I love them. But I wear a 9-9.5 and the fins are way too narrow. It makes it a real pain to get them on and mainly off. Sucks shore diving. I would think for a smaller foot it may be the fin.

I would have to second the EXPs for you. Great fins, I love them. But I wear a 9-9.5 and the fins are way too narrow. It makes it a real pain to get them on and mainly off. Sucks shore diving. I would think for a smaller foot it may be the fin.

I was also blessed with a narrow foot as well as small.:shakehead:

I love my turtle fins. I do have big feet but I'm a pretty big guy (6'3", 250lbs) and I wear steel 119cf doubles. That said, I can still move through the water as if I'm only wearing an 80. Cant beat 'em. They work particularly well because I do frog kick. The width of the blade helps catch the water and push me forward.

I am needing new fins. I am wanting a Tech. style fin in hopes it will propel me through the water better than my old Scuba Pro Jetfins. I have a small foot, and that means all the fins in my size has a small blade. The problem with the small blade is I feel it does not propel me good enough against a current. Just because a person has a small foot does not mean they dont need a good size blade on the fin. The fins I considering is Dive Rite EXP, OMS Slipstream, and maybe the Hollis fins I forget there names.

I too have circus feet I really wanted the Hollis F1s but their smallest size, regular, was too big. Im living in Japan at the moment and bought some Jet Fin Revos (made for Japan market only?) as over here they cater to smaller sizes.

I too have circus feet I really wanted the Hollis F1s but their smallest size, regular, was too big. Im living in Japan at the moment and bought some Jet Fin Revos (made for Japan market only?) as over here they cater to smaller sizes.

On your Jet Fins Revos are the blades longer than the normal Jets? If memory serves me my Jets are 7.25 from tip of blade to the bottom of the vent. By bottom of vent I am referring to the end of the vent closest to the blade tip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom