Looking at tech. Style fins need help deciding which fin is best for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On your Jet Fins Revos are the blades longer than the normal Jets? If memory serves me my Jets are 7.25 from tip of blade to the bottom of the vent. By bottom of vent I am referring to the end of the vent closest to the blade tip.

In Japan, specs as follows:

Jets:

SizeMLXLXXL
Boots size23-25cm24-27cm27-29cm-Cm
Blade length445mm470mm555mm-Mm
Weight (1)1000g1200g1400g-G

Revos:

Regular 484mm 1200g each boots size: 25-27cm
Grande 508mm 1300g each boots size: 27-29cm

I use Regular Revos.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

I used the Dive Rite fins before the Slipsteams came out in smaller sizes and liked them. I think the Slipstreams are a little more compact and maneuverable, but either work OK for me.

On your Jet Fins Revos are the blades longer than the normal Jets? If memory serves me my Jets are 7.25 from tip of blade to the bottom of the vent. By bottom of vent I am referring to the end of the vent closest to the blade tip.

sorry just re read your question and realised the information I have given is not what you asked for, I will find a tape measure and measure them and re post.

sorry just re read your question and realised the information I have given is not what you asked for, I will find a tape measure and measure them and re post.

Thanks. Darn "Standard" as we call it vs. Metric.:D

Thanks. Darn "Standard" as we call it vs. Metric.:D
Divide the mm measurements by 25.4 or cm measurements by 2.54 for inch equivalents
or, Multiply the mm measurements by 0.03937 or cm measurements by 0.3937 for inch equivalents :wink:

Sorry forgot. Ok if I understand your points of measurement, from the lowest point on the tip of the blade to the beginning of the vent my Revos measure 20.5cm/8.08". Looks like the Revos are a little longer.

Sorry forgot. Ok if I understand your points of measurement, from the lowest point on the tip of the blade to the beginning of the vent my Revos measure 20.5cm/8.08". Looks like the Revos are a little longer.

Thank You buddhasummer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom