Looking at you tech divers.... Looking at you...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

There are arguments to be made that this thread belongs in the Pub. And it may yet end up there.

Terms of Service for Scubaboard still apply so watch yourself in this thread. And watch for yourself in this thread too. 😉

and good arguments at that. there's just too many drunk people in the pub.

Think it's run its course. Now out of the news and still nobody's admitted to doing it.

Still amazed of the pressure of that enormous volume of gas: 100 Bar! That's one heck of a compressor.

OMG, just realised I used the word Bar. Is that allowed or does it need to go to the pub to do that?

Big surprise.

My last bout with identity theft -- several grand in Eastern European auto parts -- was also, according to B of A research, Ukrainian in origin . . .

Guessing there were some fireworks in here after reviewing the thread ... the other one in the Commercial Diving forum was locked back in March for getting too deep into the 'oo killed 'oo back and forth.

Is it just me or does anyone else have Shaggy singing in their heads?

So for some reference, the rental yacht in question is a Bavaria 50:

Bavaria Cruiser 50 Segelyacht ab Hafen Rostock

Referring back to the thread title, here's a question for the tech divers out there: your mission is to conduct at least two working dives to ~80 m (~250 ft). You will need all the usual kit and caboodle for this endeavor - mixed-gas CCR rebreathers, bailout tanks, presumably drysuits, lights, DPVs - plus you have to carry potentially up to 500 kg (1000 lbs) of payload on each dive. You have a team of two divers and four surface support personnel, including the boat driver. Anyone going to pick a 15 m (50 ft) sailing yacht for 3,000 euros/week as their work platform? I think the WaPo article referenced a small submersible; I'll be generous and assume they meant a DPV, but if not where the hell are they going to stow that thing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom