Looking at you tech divers.... Looking at you...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The dorkdiver subforum died when it was discovered no one on an internet forum wasn't one.
Backdoors don't have numbers so they're harder to find. Doesn't mean there aren't any.

you must be knew here to expect threads to stay on topic. :cheers:o_O:wink::cool:

No. I expect some level of tangential conversation but this one ticked all the boxes of inane discussion. It's like watching a group of five year olds playing soccer.
The topic gets kicked around until all that's left is one kid picking their nose, another picking flowers, yet another picking a wedgie out of their ass, and the coach weeping hysterically on the sidelines.

No. I expect some level of tangential conversation but this one ticked all the boxes of inane discussion.

You started it, and now it's "inane"?

Again, Bitlocker doesn't use RSA, so I don't care. The guy from the NSA and the one from GHCQ were doing penetration testing only.

Maybe you are smarter than me, but I have no idea how someone can insert a backdoor in a software product when they do not modify it. Feel free to enlighten me.
It's all about the algo-rivvm. As in how the maffmagics are turned into 'puter code.

Just like the Buhlmann algorithms; it's how they're implemented which counts -- or doesn't count if it's wrong.

As an aside, RSA encryption (public/private keys) uses mind-bending algorithms as it uses utterly enormous numbers to create the outputs. We've all heard of 64 bit computing, that's 2^64 or 10^19 (1 with 19 zeros), but RSA uses much much larger numbers, 256, 512 bits or larger, so you're multiplying numbers with literally hundreds of digits. Of course computers are good at this, but rely on some impressive mathematics as the numbers simply won't work in normal computers. It's this complexity which makes cracking the secrets very difficult.

No. I expect some level of tangential conversation but this one ticked all the boxes of inane discussion. It's like watching a group of five year olds playing soccer.
The topic gets kicked around until all that's left is one kid picking their nose, another picking flowers, yet another picking a wedgie out of their ass, and the coach weeping hysterically on the sidelines.
This place is the intellectual equivalent of Holly Hunter's womb in "Raising Arizona"

So about those ROVs....

I think you need two. One on each side of the pipe so the shared shockwave crushes it and in the process cracks it. Or you could have one split after it reaches the pipe and lay some linear charge over the pipe. But it seems to be 2cm of steel and 10 cm of concrete, though the concrete may not cover the weld points.

A ribbon of shaped charges draped over the pipe by the ROV would be one method. The ROV could then move off and destroy itself as well.

21 inches or 53 cm diameter seem a handy size to package the ROV parts into, just for handling and deployment ease.

Maybe you are smarter than me, but I have no idea how someone can insert a backdoor in a software product when they do not modify it. Feel free to enlighten me.

You of all people should know: Microsoft calls it "dependency injection". :dork2:

So about those ROVs....

I think you need two. One on each side of the pipe so the shared shockwave crushes it and in the process cracks it. Or you could have one split after it reaches the pipe and lay some linear charge over the pipe. But it seems to be 2cm of steel and 10 cm of concrete, though the concrete may not cover the weld points.

A ribbon of shaped charges draped over the pipe by the ROV would be one method. The ROV could then move off and destroy itself as well.

21 inches or 53 cm diameter seem a handy size to package the ROV parts into, just for handling and deployment ease.
I think you are looking too much at severing the line. All that needs to be done is punch a hole in it. There are some really simple battlefield shape charges that could be repurposed into that. Think anti-tank rounds.

I think you are looking too much at severing the line. All that needs to be done is punch a hole in it. There are some really simple battlefield shape charges that could be repurposed into that. Think anti-tank rounds.
True. That and economy of force is why I mention the shaped charges. I was thinking of three or four shaped charges, grouped in a ribbon to keep tidy and laid on the pipe top to sides. But you could just ram one charge into the pipe.

Was interesting that the pipeline was pressurised to 100bar which you multiply by 15 to get cubits per forearm. Half an ali80's working pressure, so a damn strong pipeline that contains a lot of gas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom