looking for a dive buddy, Brevard florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00Eddie00

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello there,
looking for a dive buddy, either a beginner -or someone that doesn't mind to be slowed down by a newbie-, to discover Brevard down to Palm Beach counties area and springs around orlando.
thanks guys, real honor to join diving community!

Last edited:
I always advise to check out the local sub forum (Florida, not SE USA).

Better yet, come find the Vero Beach Scuba Club on Facebook. We have lots of divers from Brevard and frequently run some awesome dive trips in Jupiter and Palm Beach. We have arrangements with shops around the state that take good care of our members.

Agree that is another good idea. In your area there are most likely several groups/clubs going on. I know there is one up on the panhandle. We even have a dive club up here.
Finding a buddy can work out well, but sometimes things happen--such as the buddy's plans change, so the dive meet up is cancelled. Same thing with charters--you sign up and weather, or not enough customers, etc. cancels things.
I had one steady buddy right from the start (until he moved 8 years ago). We were both beginners and did "benign" dives. But I always advise to try to buddy with an experienced diver at first, preferably one with Rescue Cert. or more. Just makes sense. We got through it OK, but when I think back and ask "what would I have done if he had panicked on the surface or underwater?".........Or if it were me that panicked.

Last edited:
Agree that is another good idea. In your area there are most likely several groups/clubs going on. I know there is one up on the panhandle. We even have a dive club up here.
Finding a buddy can work out well, but sometimes things happen--such as the buddy's plans change, so the dive meet up is cancelled. Same thing with charters--you sign up and weather, or not enough customers, etc. cancels things.
I had one steady buddy right from the start (until he moved 8 years ago). We were both beginners and did "benign" dives. But I always advise to try to buddy with an experienced diver at first, preferably one with Rescue Cert. or more. Just makes sense. We got through it OK, but when I think back and ask "what would I have done if he had panicked on the surface or underwater?".........Or if it were me that panicked.
Thanx for the great advice TMHiemer, Sheeper i did joined the club's facebook page, hope u guys had a great Thanksgiving!

I'd recommend going on chartered dives in Jupiter, you'll meet a lot of people from Melbourne/Palm Bay who go diving there since it's the best spot near Brevard

Agree with the post. PM me if you need a buddy for palm beach or Jupiter diving.

JN

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom