Looking for a dive OP to pick me up at Valentin imperial maya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GeoFish (Max/Morgan) are right. The taxi union has shut down the dive-ops from picking up at the hotels because it 'takes fares away from the taxis'. I understand the lastest mayor of Playa del Carmen was the previous taxi union boss and that is how the new law got passed. If you stay at the all-inclusive right in PDC (Coco Bay, Royal or Porto Real) you can walk to the shops. The same applies to some of the AI's in Playacar as long as you are close to the 5th Ave entry. If you don't want to walk then a cab is 15 to 50 pesos depending on if you look like a tourist. Don't let this stop you from diving in Playa - just put a little more planning into your return.

Next time I will plan better, I assumed all resorts had a dive operation running from them!

I found an easy compromise that works for me. I had stayed at the Iberostar two years ago and had a voucher for 4 free dives that we didn’t use! (Dressel Divers operates from the Iberostar and you can buy blocks of dives from them, if you don’t use them all, they are good for three years) It is only a couple miles down the road, so it will be quick and cheap taxi ride. Since this is a short trip, we added two more dives, so we are doing a two tank dive on one day and a one tank on another. I was feeling lazy so I decided not bring my own equipment, with the voucher, we are getting 6 dives with equipment for $125! I know some people will bash Dressel Divers, but I am going for ease on this one!

GeoFish (Max/Morgan) are right. The taxi union has shut down the dive-ops from picking up at the hotels because it 'takes fares away from the taxis'. I understand the lastest mayor of Playa del Carmen was the previous taxi union boss and that is how the new law got passed. If you stay at the all-inclusive right in PDC (Coco Bay, Royal or Porto Real) you can walk to the shops. The same applies to some of the AI's in Playacar as long as you are close to the 5th Ave entry. If you don't want to walk then a cab is 15 to 50 pesos depending on if you look like a tourist. Don't let this stop you from diving in Playa - just put a little more planning into your return.

My wife/buddy and I want to dive playa with 2 friends.
We have time shares and would like to trade and use them.
I've heard good things about Geofish, but don't know which "time share" resorts to avoid or put at the top of the list for a good dive trip.
Any help is apprciated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom