Looking for a dive shop and hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all your inputs. I plan on using BlueXTsea as the dive op, but I am still undecided for the hotel. It was down to the Blueangel resort or the Hotel Cozumel and resort but I can't get anyone from either of those places to email me back. Hey Cozumel I got money burning a hole in my pocket, hello .. are you out there????

:sleigh:

Thanks for all your inputs. I plan on using BlueXTsea as the dive op, but I am still undecided for the hotel. It was down to the Blueangel resort or the Hotel Cozumel and resort but I can't get anyone from either of those places to email me back. Hey Cozumel I got money burning a hole in my pocket, hello .. are you out there????

I am not sure who you emailed at Blue Angel but if you email Jeanie Buscher at bluangel@fidmail.com she is likely to get back to you fairly quickly. I just booked myself with her and it took about an afternoon to finalize.

As a suggestion, I would say that if you stay at Blue Angel Resort it would make more logistical sense to use their dive shop. You can't beat the convenience and they offer a very good service for a very good value, so the incentives to dive elsewhere are not very many. Plus, even though BlueXTsea will most likely pick you up at Blue Angel's dock, with every 2 tank boat trip you do with Blue Angel's dive shop you get a free lunch at the resort's restaurant.

I am not sure who you emailed at Blue Angel but if you email Jeanie Buscher at bluangel@fidmail.com she is likely to get back to you fairly quickly. I just booked myself with her and it took about an afternoon to finalize.

As a suggestion, I would say that if you stay at Blue Angel Resort it would make more logistical sense to use their dive shop. You can't beat the convenience and they offer a very good service for a very good value, so the incentives to dive elsewhere are not very many. Plus, even though BlueXTsea will most likely pick you up at Blue Angel's dock, with every 2 tank boat trip you do with Blue Angel's dive shop you get a free lunch at the resort's restaurant.

I used this email address: info@blueangelresort.com . I thought maybe they were all booked up for the time period I wanted.

I have stayed at Hotel Coz 4 times and would like to try Blue Angel one of these trips. I really think it's a good match for you and your wife considering that you've been on duty in Afganistan. It is more romantic than Hotel Coz plus waterfront too boot. I've never used their dive op but have dove with Blue XT Sea and I can certainly recommend them. Both however get very good reviews.

I used this email address: info@blueangelresort.com . I thought maybe they were all booked up for the time period I wanted.

Ok, Jeanie is at the dive shop (but she will handle a hotel reservation), so she wouldn't have seen your email. Email her, and she will definitely get back to you even if the hotel is booked.

Another plus of using the resort's shop is that you can dive off its shore.

I have been to Cozumel at I am gussing 100 times by now. Its only 2 hours for me and its like a second home. My favorite place to stay is Park Royal and it is all inclusive so all your drinks and meals are included. If you go to my website Home you can check out most of the better hotels in Cozumel. You should stay on the ocean and not in town...you just dont get the same feel without looking at the ocean. I would use several dive shops there on the island for lessons and I can make a good suggestion for you too. Thank you for serving in the military and going to Afganastan. You are a special person to do that and deserve a really nice trip!

One word--Aldora. Great hotel, great people, great diving.
Villa Aldora.

I'll 3rd that suggestion, great place, fun vibe, great operator (love those big steel tanks!).

First of all Thanks for serving your country and welcome home.

For a dive op I'd recommend Blue Angel and my homeboy Matt for your instructor on any training you want to do. Matt is originally from Chicago, although now I think a full fleged Cozumelino.

He's not only a great guy, but an excellent instructor, very knowlegable and safety minded, and LOVES diving. He is so relaxed in the water, it rubs off on you.

Like most long term Cozumel divers, we have found our vacation "home", for us, it's the Blue Angel Resort, formerly Caribe Blu, and several other names throughout the years. It's a small, quiet "divers" hotel, on the water, with just 22 rooms. the rooms are good sized with plenty of space to spread out gear, with good sized balconies for drying stuff, they have safes and I think all have small fridges by now.

The new owners have made a lot of improvements to the property, renovating the lobby, updating the grounds, and making the restaurant about twice as big as it was and adding diner service and including breakfast and lunch on dive days with your dive/hotel package.

They have also bought new motors for most if not all of the dive boats, making the 6-pack "fast" boats even faster and more efficent.

For something a little more fancy, I'd recommend El Cid La Ceiba, (our old haunt) or El Presidente, one of the nicest properties on the island.

Short of renting an apartment or home, most of the other really nice "resort" like properties are all-inclusive, not that the smaller, non-AI properties are trash, just the oppposite, there are MANY small hotels that are very nice places to stay, only less "frills" so to speak.

Again like most long timers, I recommend not doing AI so you can spend time in San Miguel at the local resaurants that have everything to offer from very casual to fancy schmancy. Mexican, of course, Italian, various Central and South American, North American and Caribbean dishes can all be found around town, even Chinese and Thai food have made there way to the island!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom