Looking for a house to rent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for the help! I think we have decided on a house. Can't wait for April!!!

So where did you decide on? What was it that lead to such decision?

We decided on Sunnyside Beach House | Roatan Property Management. The primary factor was it's somewhat private yet convenient location. Having a good dive site out the back door helped make the decision, but is sounds like it's difficult to get your hands on tanks.

Looking forward to the trip!!!

Check with Sueno Del Mar and the Mares place for tank rental possibilities, Also if your scheduling boat dives with a shop maybe bring it up to them after spending a few dollars with them

Someone mentioned TranquilSeas to dive with - I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. Get Di or Kent as a divemaster if you can. Di is top-notch and hilarious. The best part about TranquilSeas is that you and your buddy could be the only ones on the boat - no more than a six pack (most of my 15 dives there it was just my buddy, Di and me). Anthony's Key will have very packed boats (and bigger groups) so something to keep in mind.

On that note, though, you might want to consider staying at TranquilSeas - they have little cabanas with kitchenettes and a bar / restaurant that works on the honor system. It is quaint, has everything you need, wonderful staff, great service, and SUPERB dive guides. They'll take care of your gear at the end of the dives (they have secure lockers), will wash it and everything, and have it set up for you in the AM before your first boat dive!

Woah! They are charging double or triple for the internet. I pay about twenty bucks for the month while in Roatan for internet. Yikes. Just a warning about the shore dives here too. Most areas have little house reefs, some in the west have actual dive sites but they aren't easy to walk out to. Either you are walking though ankle deep water that becomes knee deep then ankle deep and hopefully eventually over your head or it is corally from the minute you walk out. That beach looked like the first type of situation. I have a beautiful dive site about 200 meters from my front door here, but it isn't gradual entry to get there and odds are I would finally think I could put my fins on only to find myself back in six inches of water again. Not to mention the beating I saw some snorkelers take from snorkeling and then hitting a pillar of coral. Boat dives are the way here I think for a reason. Although there may be one or two great shore dive spots

We love staying at West Bay Village. There are many homes located there and it's a great location:) Try islandhouseroatan.com Great people to work with!

Back
Top Bottom