Looking for a new laptop...any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all - my current laptop computer (a Dell Latitude) about 5 years old, is starting to call it quits. I carry it with me on all my dive trips and such and I'm lookng for a small 14.1" monitor laptop so I can more easily transport it.

I was currently thinking of the Dell 1400 series. But I'm open to all suggestions!

Anyone have this computer or any other one with a small screen that they love???

Nah, cant stand Macs. Sorry. But thank you for your reply.

Mac? :11: Ewwww - wanta' learn computers all over. :D

I'd want to know which company has All US/Canadian Tech Support, then look for 1 Gig Ram, 3.0 Processor, 100 Gig Hard drive. I'll be watching here.... :wink:

Of all the notebooks I've personally owned (at least 6), the Sony Vaio is the most reliable. We've had lots of problems with Dells at the office compared to Sonys.

I just bought a new Dell Inspiron which is new and specially designed for pictures and music. it's great and it's a small and compact to take along.

I've been hooked on the ThinkPad line, a good refurb will still blow the doors off of many others' current products.
One of the strong points is the CD/DVD drive can be swapped out for another hard drive, gives a lot more room for storing pics & even video when traveling.

oh sorry... maybe that should be Macplate and wing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom