Looking for an app to view this forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried tapatalk, it doesn't work well for me so this is what I decided to do. On my iPad I created a shortcut to Scubaboard and selected the option, stay logged in.

How do you do that?

How do you do that?

I opened Safari and navigated to Scubaboard.
I signed in with the option, "Stay logged in."
Then I touched the first icon on the top right corner of Safari, I don't know what it's called. It's the little box with an arrow pointing up.
From the menu that appears I selected "Add to home screen."

Worked until I had another page open in safari......then I had to log in again.

Something is up with something.

I've stayed logged in on my iPad and iPhone since the change over. Only get kicked off on the iPad if I clear the History.

Same with the MacBook.

Worked until I had another page open in safari......then I had to log in again.

I looked around in Safari properties but can’t find anything that could prevent you from staying logged in.

Did you login to Scubaboard before making the shortcut? This way it will record the URL after you’re in.

Can’t think of anything else.

I don't have an i-anything (except an IPod) but if clearing history is also deleting Scubaboard cookies that permanence is is stored there. At least that's how it works on most PC's. Some of the browsers also have a setting that denies websites from modifying settings/cookies etc. if selected.

One benefit of no tapatalk support is I spend much less time on here from my mobile and tablet. Too clunky and eats up too much data. More time to do other things.

Yup, logged in and then saved. Still have to log in...

Try chrome on ios instead. I've had better luck with it all though my safari works as well. Also I found when you come back to the page sometimes it doesn't look like you are signed in but clicking community instead of logging in still works and it will log me in.

Maybe try and bookmark a page one level deeper like http://scubaboard.com /community/

Or maybe they could just install the tapatalk xenforo plugin and we can all go back to normal. :). You can still have the site be responsive and get the google juice just not the ads love.

The Xenforo community is close to launching a native app that is a full blown ios app that is customized for each board. So this would in a sense create a scubaboard app that has push notifications and the whole nine yards. It also will not ruin ads.

It is still a ways out and has a cost to the board admin but it may be a nice option in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom