Looking for an experienced dive buddy for Cape Cod

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steelntime

Registered
Reaction score
Ilive near Boston but try to summer on mid Cape Co
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi

I am very new to this...

What I would like to know if there are any experienced divers that could show me the ropes on diving in Nantucket Sound. I think I have finally aquired enough equiptment of my own to go diving other than just rental on vacation.

I would be interested in lobstering as well as seeking out some interesting dive sites. I have the means to get us to the right places but not the experience to do so. I will be located in So Yarmouth, Ma. on most weekends during the summer months.

Thanks
M

Have you considered any local dive clubs? Most of them dive every week-end. That's what I did when I first started diving and I found it to be a great way to meet new buddies and improve my skills.

For shore diving, you may want to consider diving on the north side of the cape first. Nantucket sound and Vineyard sound have some serious currents as well as most diving on the south side of the cape is just sand bottom with little to see unless you get out around the Elizabeth Islands or south down by Rhode Island. Diving by Plymouth area should be good.

try the two dive shops on Cape. Both in Hyannis. Dive locker and Cape cod sea sports. In the season, they do guided dives. (e.g. Sandwich town beach) Another good shore dive is Garbage Beach at Woods Hole. Do a search on board and you'll find plenty of info posted on these two dives.

John,

Getting ready for Bonaire! I'm in Miami on business this week and of course brought my gear. I'm taking friday off to dive the Spiegel Grove this weekend. Just had nice dinner in sidewalk cafe in S. Beach. I'm typing this from balcony of hotel overlooking Biscayne Bay.

I also recommend the Cape Dive Locker in Hyannis, and they can give information on the new dive club on the cape.

My recommendation would be to join the Cape Dive Club. There is a great group of active divers that can help you, and the Dive Locker runs a great lobster trip to the Race early in the season.

I live in Boston as well and spend a lot of time in Chatham during the summer. The diving out on the Cape is great for lobstering. You can also visit Don Ferris Dive Training. - scuba, scuba diving, dive, cape cod, massachusetts, diving, new england, ma, cape cod for information on the dives sites, and I strongly recommend picking up his book on diving Cape Cod.

I live in Falmouth, and dive every chance I can get. I'm alway looking for more people to dive with.

Bite me!

Getting ready for Bonaire! I'm in Miami on business this week and of course brought my gear. I'm taking friday off to dive the Spiegel Grove this weekend. Just had nice dinner in sidewalk cafe in S. Beach. I'm typing this from balcony of hotel overlooking Biscayne Bay.

Bet he ends up on the no fly list and is forced to remain in Florida scuba diving and Livin Lavida Loca until Homeland Security :14: figures out there's two of them -- one in jail and one not!:eyebrow:

Could be years before he makes it back up this way to the cold dark waters of the North Atlantic. Hope he can still function as dive coordinator long distance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom