Looking for an instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJW

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am looking for an instructor (any agency) that will instruct my brother-in-law and my nephew - basic open water certification level. They live in Savannah, Georgia. I am hoping there is an instructor that is willing to instruct them in Savannah or about 2 hours away.

I have looked so many places online for them. They are in a tight budget, can't spend on an overpriced open water course. Is there anyone who is willing to instruct them on a low cost including checkout dives? They wanted to do 2 or 3 days course. They will be reading the book and take the test with you, then do the required checkout dives to get the certification cards. The reason it is very short, because they don't have a lot of freedom on their schedule. They are hoping to take the class as soon as possible, now until August -- before my nephew starts school in September.

For your information, my nephew is going to be 15 years old in August, so he should be getting a regular OW certification card, not a junior c-card.

I would very much appreciate your understanding on their situation. Please post here or PM me!

Thank you so much!

Scubamarket USA: Savannah Scuba gear NAUI & PADI Scuba Instruction Shop

I don't have any personl experience with these folks, but they get good reviews from others and their prices look reasonable

Thanks for your response! I have checked them out; however, their pricing is a bit steep. They are asking for $290 (class) + book cost + checkout dives + rental gear for checkout dives. That would be over $500 for everything, that's too much for my family. Thanks for trying, though!

I should be more clear... I am hoping to look for independent instructor that is willing to teach 2 of my family.

But let me know if there are other places that is cheap for them!

Thanks!

I don't know too many instructors that do charity work :)

Funny! :D They weren't looking for something like that! They finally decided on taking a class from Diver's Supply in Jax, FL for under $350 for everything! My family are really excited about it!

I hope they will have a great experience with them since I do not know those people at Diver's Supply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom