Looking for computer options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are serious about getting into tech diving stay away from air integrated units. hell, stay away from them anyway. Not necessary. Get a Shearwater. It will take you wherever you want to go. Even though in your entry level tech training you'll just use it as a bottom timer and dive profiles cut on tables.

I'm looking for my first computer. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a computer that will evolve from my current recreational status to some of the technical diving I plan on in a few years. By technical I mean deep and nitrox, not necessarily trimix. I'm not sure what information you'll need from me, but I can answer anything yo the best of my abilities.

Thanks!

XDeep Black
Shearwater Petrel
Mares Icon HD Net Ready
Nitek Q

I have owned quite a number of dive computer over the years including a 10 gas OC/CCR trimix unit that now sits in a drawer along with all the others. I have owned a couple of Shearwaters over the years including the Petrel I bought about a week ago. You can spend a lot of money over your future of diving or you can buy a really good, well supported computer that will serve you for many years to come. The Petrel is really remarkable.

I agree with Keith.M. A lower end computer would probably be a better option. Lots of choices in the $175-$300 range that would serve your needs for the foreseeable future. Save the money for diving.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom