Looking for dive buddy for trip to hawaii in jan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gpeter314

New
Reaction score
Im heading to Hawaii for a big family vacation in early Jan, I was hoping to fly in a week early and get some diving done before all my relatives showed up. At this point im looking at getting to the Big Island just before new years, the rest of the clan arrives on Jan 4th. I was hoping that a girl will respond to this port, not looking for a relationship but you never know what can happen, really I would just enjoy a girls company more then a guy. Anyways, Im looking to travel pretty light and cheap, rent a car and possibly camp, but I dont know how practical this would be. If your going to be in the area or if you also want to take a quick dive vacation reply to this post. From what ive seen on web sites Hawaii looks awesome, I would love to find someone who would enjoy just poking around the Kona coast with me for a week while going on a bit of a dive binge.

The very low budget thing can be done but even in my more so inclined days it would be a lot of either being in one place or spending most of the time getting around.
Div of Forestry and Wildlife (808)974-4221, State Parks (808)974-6200, Parks & Rec (808)961-8311 for campgrounds, there are no campgrounds near Kona. There is bus transportation but more suited to town to town and not directed to recreation.
You are better off renting a car and place to stay, maybe with some camping. Go to www.wizardpub.com and get The Big Island Revealed, loads of information like campgrounds.

Poking around the Kona Coast for a week on a dive binge should be fun, good luck finding a companion and enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom