Looking For Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MEDICJOJO

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,
New here and also new to diving less than 20 dives all in a quarry a few in river I got bit on a recent vacation to Aruba went on one of those Discover Scuba Dives and was the best time I have ever had, go to the Carribian 1-2 times a year and going here in the next few months and want a good place to go for a beginner not very comfortable yet below 60 feet just want to go some where that offers fun dives to continue to get more experiance in my comfort level. Any suggestions will be gratley appricated.

It depends on what you want to see. Almost all of the Islands have dives under 60 feet if that is all your comfortable with. I would reccomend Cozumel. The diving is resonably priced and there is a lot to do between dives. Also, a lot of the diving has a mild drift where you really dont have to do much but let the current slowly push you across the reef. The boat drops you off and follows you till the end of the dive where it picks you up when low on air. The reefs are fairly shallow and there is a lot to see. A good spot to gain confidence and enjoy yourself. Wherever you go, you will be happy for one reason or another. If you are planning a trip for only diving make sure to reasearch. It's nice to know what you're getting into and also pick out a few things you want to try and find. Have fun.

The keys for starters...but there are a lot of neat places in florida, from springs to shore diving...

My avatar was taken in about 15 ft of water at the blue heron bridge.

Hello,
New here and also new to diving less than 20 dives all in a quarry a few in river I got bit on a recent vacation to Aruba went on one of those Discover Scuba Dives and was the best time I have ever had, go to the Carribian 1-2 times a year and going here in the next few months and want a good place to go for a beginner not very comfortable yet below 60 feet just want to go some where that offers fun dives to continue to get more experiance in my comfort level. Any suggestions will be gratley appricated.

Bahamas was great shallow diving for us---but that was many years ago ~early ?90's, don't know if it got 'dived out' or not by now.....I would do some searching around Paradise Island Nassau--even remember the name of the dive shop, Dive Dive Dive(that was a hard one to come up with...lol)......

I second the sugestion of Cozumel. Lots of great diving in the 40-60' range, and if you stretch a bit almost all of the diving is less than 80'. Also it's close by with resonably priced flights, and with the peso at almost 14 to the dollar a great value.

Another great destination is Domenica, especially if you want to mix in some great hiking, on possibly the least developed island in the Caribbean.

I second Bahamas. Good vis, no current. Coz is good too but most is drift diving. Wherever you go do as much diving in the time that you are there. You will get over your fears and anxiety quicker with when the dive from the day before is fresh on your mind. Have fun and Good Diving.

I'm a new diver too and my first dive was Freeport Bahamas with local lds. With dive master from local lds and dive master from resort my wife and I learned alot and really put us going in the right direction in diving. We stayed at viva wydem ?? and dove for 5 days 2tanks in the morning. Marcello was our dive master guide and keep close watch on us. Although you already have a few dives under your belt take it slow because there is a good ride ahead of you . There may be something closer but my experience is limited Bahamas and Coz. Good luck and good diving.

thumbs up for Cozumel. originally from Texas and spent much time there. GREAT DIVING! oh yeah, Kauai is not so bad, either :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom