Looking for dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OHIO DIVERS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning to add a dry glove system to my kit. I been looking at two systems (Diving Concepts & SI Tech). I dive year around in Northwest Ohio and the Great Lakes, this would also include some ice diving.
Have anyone used Diving Concepts neoprene dry gloves?
Just looking for feed back on these systems.

Everyone here uses blue smurf gloves on either dc or sitech rings. I use si tech my wife use dc. I like dc system more than sitech.

Why would you want neoprene ? Do you have to do anything that involves contact with sharp objects ?

Diving concepts gloves all the way. Throw away the gloves that come with and put on some new smurf gloves. They are cheap. It's the ring system you want. Easy to add to your drysuit. Easy to don gloves. No leaks! Friends have SI system and not as easy to use as far as I'm concerned.

Why do you like DC better than SI Tech? I prefer Viking myself with the twist lock, and have a set of SI Tech's and had a set of COCVI aka DC gloves. SI Tech offers the replaceable wrist seal which works great for any suit, but those with DUI ZIP seals.

FWIW EVERY Si Tech ring system needs a new slightly smaller o-ring. Solves the issue of the o-ring rolling.

I have the old SiTech system which came with my suit. The only thing I do not like that it's a bit tricky to evenly push the glove in. I will check if I can get smaller o-rings to try.

Although it is just a bit annoying I do not dislike it to the point I would switch :) The gloves so far work great with only few leaks through the rings.

If I was buying my suit again I would just order then with the regular seals and put the dc ring systems on top.

Elen,
At this point I do not know if i want neoprene gloves. That's why I'm looking for feedback on the neoprene dry gloves.
My Michigan dive shop have both Diving Concepts sets black rubber(smurf) and neoprene gloves. The dealer noted that he sells the same amount of rubber vs neoprene Diving Concepts systems.

Neoprene is good for when you have to touch sharp objects, otherwise just get a regular smurf gloves and appropriate under glove - wool or thinsulate (they will keep warmth even when flooded)

I use woolen gloves from mountain equipment coop and they work great even in 36F water for an hour or so. I bought a couple of sets for 10 dollar each two years ago and still use them.

Although the gloves that come with DC usually have the inner liner which is good for warm water only. You can replace it with a blue glove that can be sourced for from $3 to $15 depending on the source.

I have the DC gloves for my DC suit, but not tried the neoprene gloves. I talked to a few local divers about the neoprene, which they had tried at one time. Every one of them said to buy the standard DC gloves. Sorry, but I don't recall why.

I also use their ring system. It works well, and mine is mounted retaining the wrist seal of the suit.
It's the ring system you want. Easy to add to your drysuit.

I have installed 4 sets of rings in DC suits, and I'm here to tell you that it is far from easy (if you are retaining the wrist seals). The shop I bought the suit from had a horrible time installing other customer's rings, and "preferred that you do it yourself". I ended up talking directly to DC for help, and they freely admit that it's "quite challenging".

Having said that, once you have them in place, they are wonderful. No leaks and easy to don/doff the gloves by yourself. The gloves are lined with fluffy fur-like material, and when combined with the glove liners, will keep your fingers toasty warm.

I would recommend, as was told to me by DC, to purchase 2 extra o-ring gaskets. If you end up buying the DC rings, PM me and I will talk you through placing these extra gaskets.

FWIW EVERY Si Tech ring system needs a new slightly smaller o-ring. Solves the issue of the o-ring rolling.

You wouldn't have the o-ring size number would you?

The neoprene gloves with the DC's leak like a sieve. That's why nobody uses them. I sent my first set back three times. Came back each time from DC with more aqua seal. Still leaked and too stiff to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom