Looking for East Coast advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can go with us!! We are a 6 pack dive charters out of Lanatana / Boynton Beach. A lot other dive boats in the area will have 15-50 divers. Our typical dives range from 45 ft -90 ft or wrecks in 85 ft or deeper ones. They are all drift dives but most days the current is 1/2 knot the reefs are full of life. Call us 855-4-go-dive (446-3483). Calypso Dive Charters | Orlando Dive Charters | Lantana Dive Charters | Palm Beach Dive Charters. We are active NAUI instructors and certified and divemasters.

If you plan your vacation with Calyso Dive Charters make damn sure you understand their policies. You will pay well in advance and if you get there and the Boat breaks down... you are SOL. No refunds!! Particularly troublesome if you book groups! BTW, there are many other more customer friendly ops with better prices.

Here is their policy

CANCELLATION POLICY:

All weather related cancellations will be determined by the captain. If the Captain decides to cancel the trip, the charter will be rescheduled. The Captain will cancel all trips when rough seas and high winds forecast or small craft advisories are in effect. If we must cancel the charter due to weather or boat mechanical problems we will not issue refunds of your reservation or deposit. You also have a choice of re-schedule for another AVAILABLE day.​

DSW Diver, what's up with that?

DSWDiver, you guys won't be in business long with that policy. North Carolina dive op did that to us several years ago. Lost the money and was never able to get back to do a trip. You might be able to get away with that for locals, but not a good policy for tourist flying in.

I am very sorry for the misprint. It was not intended to say "not". Reck diver and chuckitall, It was simple 3 letter mistake that. I've had weather cancellations and always refund the money or reschedule, whatever has been more convenient to the customer. The cancellation policy on the website has been updated. It reads "If we must cancel the charter due to weather or boat mechanical problems we will issue refunds of your reservation or deposit. You also have a choice of re-schedule for another AVAILABLE day." Thanks again for bringing it up.

Best regards

Thanks DSW Diver for getting that straight. I live and work on a dive boat in Jupiter and we just have to live with cancellations. We have cancelled many 20 diver trips due to weather, it hurts on the close margins on the boats, but for safety you can't risk it.

Thanks DSW Diver for getting that straight. I live and work on a dive boat in Jupiter and we just have to live with cancellations. We have cancelled many 20 diver trips due to weather, it hurts on the close margins on the boats, but for safety you can't risk it.

I totally agree with you safety is the #1 priority.

June is a GREAT time to dive the East coast!!!

I am 100% positive that closer to the date you will have more local dive buddies wanting to join you than you can shake a tickle stick at!!!

Has anyone mentioned VRBO yet?

June is a GREAT time to dive the East coast!!!

I am 100% positive that closer to the date you will have more local dive buddies wanting to join you than you can shake a tickle stick at!!!

Has anyone mentioned VRBO yet?

Post # 7.

The Blue Heron Bridge is a must-do on you trip. It's easy diving and you'll find lots of cool creatures. Our Force-E Riviera store is located just next to the BHB. Stop by and we will be happy to point you to the best spots. If you would like a guide, give us a call and we'd be happy to make arrangements.

We host a Free Blue Heron Bridge Night dive a couple times a month. We haven't scheduled anything in June yet, but we invite you to join us if you are in town. We post the schedule on this thread, so check back: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...39986-free-bhb-night-dive-hosted-force-e.html

You can also get some great advice from people in this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-diving/386645-blue-heron-bridge-trolls.html

Force-E works with some great dive charters. We are here to help if you need any assistance with booking a trip, need a guide, or equipment assistance. Or just stop by and hang out...lots of people do that.

Best Fishes,

There is great diving from Jupiter all the way down to Key West :) How deep do you want to go and do you prefer wrecks or reefs? that'll help pinpoint where might be better.

i've got to sign up for VRBO !!! I've got a 1BR timeshare in orlando i want to rent out :) and it does accept pets up to 60lbs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom