Looking for Ft Lauderdale Accommodations 6/14-7/6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckDivingFool

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey Everyone.

I have to go to Lauderdale for 3 weeks and am trying to find a low cost housing arrangement for myself and my dog. Does anyone have any suggestions on something that wont cost me 500-600 for three weeks. Im there TDy, and will have to submit travel voucher for reimbursement after my time is up. So lodging is out of pocket.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks a lot... I really appreciate it. Ill give them a call Monday

I called a few of the places, and I cant have a dog with me at any. I keep checking craigslist as well, and it is just hard to find somewhere that will only be for about 3 weeks...UGH

Two quick questions:

1) How big is your dog? There are some hotels that allow "small" pets... So, a mastiff is definately a no go!

2) Is a student housing type set-up where you would have a roommate ok?

Let me know, depending on the situation I might be able to point you in the right direction.

P

He is a 135 lb Dogo Argentino that is a huge teddy bear. I take him everywhere with me on Key West, and he is super docile and very well behaved. He is not small by any means. Last week a 2 year old asked if he could "take my doggie for a ride"

Roommates are fine since I will be going through classes anyways. I just need space for myself, my dog, and my dive gear

I met Phil 2 weeks ago here on SB & stayed w/ him & his dog for 5 nights after my lodging fell thru to dive the Vandy - would room w/ him again in a heartbeat. I've never owned a pet and his 'small horse' was initially off-putting, but I gotta say, both man & dog were great. Phil is a good guy; honorable, reliable, pays his share, easy to room with - also a great cook! His dog is the most mellow animal I've ever met; we took him everywhere & I was repeatedly amused to watch those little nippy things hopping around while Phil's dog just chilled out. If you want to cost-share some space or want a trustworthy short-term resident for a place you own, call Phil. In fact, he will arrive w/ his own 135lbs of security :)

Any ques, PM me.

-Mike

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom