looking for info Fantasy Island Resort, Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spend a week at fantasy island, we all got sick, bats hanging above the buffet, diving was all wall diving, nothing big, got kind of old after awhile, ocean was very rough, hard to board at times, robert our dive master was awsome, took forever to get there and get back, probably would not go back, bob

My wife and I went to FI in May2005 and had a wonderful time. The food was Ok the rooms were big and clean. The dive staff and diving was excellent. I have been to Roatan twice and it is one of the best places I have seen on the island. If you want to do five or six dives a day you can or you can just do the boat dives. We did 24 dives in the week we were there. Pm me if you want more info.

We went to FI in August 2004. Excellent dive operation....no complaints there. Tho the diving wasn't as good as other places in the Caribbean (Belize, Cayman Brac, etc). Rooms were clean and nicely appointed, tho average. TV, separate bath with terry robes. Fresh drinking water was placed in your fridge each day. Pleasant grounds to stroll. The food was mediocre at best, but plentiful and varied. You won't go hungry, but you won't gain weight like at other all inclusives.

The sand fleas/noseeums are killer tho, be sure to bring DEET. If you opt to sit at the beach tables for lunch, you WILL BE lunch! We just sprayed from the knee down if we lunched on the beach and not under the palapa (concrete floor).

PM me if you would like the link to my picture site. I've got some pix of the resort.

Girlfriend and I stayed at FI in May 2005. Overall, a pleasant experience. The food was medicore, but plenty of it. Accomodations were clean and quiet. Diving was very good, but had a few days when swells and currents were rough and tough. And everything you hear about the no-see-um's are true. They will eat you alive unless protected.

On a scale of 1-10, my ratings would be:

Diving-8
Food-6
Accomodations-7
Friendliness-8

Hope this helps

Dave (aka "Squirt")

I concur with those who had a go ecperience at FI. Went in Sept '04 and am looking forward to going back again. The diving was good and plentiful, the food was average and plentiful. Especially liked the seafood buffet night, I must have eaten a dozen lobster tails!

A lot of people like CoCo view, but I prefer FI, especially if your spouse or significant other does not dive.

Been there a couple of times - in '01 and '04 I think. I thought it was pretty nice - except for the welcome cocktail, that was a joke. You may not get a big fish show, but swim slowly along those wonderful walls, look carefully, and see things you might otherwise miss. And I loved having bats in the outdoor lunchroom - keeps the mosquitoes under control.

I do take my own $10 coffee makers and decaf, tho - which sounds odd going to Honduras, but my taste is different from theirs, and they don't do decaf. Doesn't weight much. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom