Looking for info on Cayo Coco, Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fyshebait

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Some friends and I are planning a trip to Cayo Coco, Cuba, in March of this year. Can anyone help us with contact information for dive shops in the area? We'd like to get in touch ahead of time to see about reserving some days, and get information on the area and the marine life. If anyone who has been there can give us some advice, tips, info on what to expect, etc., that would be much appreciated as well. This is our first trip to Cuba (although we've done a few dive trips to other parts of the Caribbean), so anything you can pass along would be helpful.

I'm an experienced diver, but my wife and one of our friends are both relatively new to the sport. Most of my diving has been in Atlantic Canada (cold water!) but I've done 60 or so dives during trips to Mexico. My main interest is in marine wildlife, and while I'm not a great photographer, getting pictures of things like rays, sharks, eels, etc. is what I'm most after. I teach high school sicence, including sustainability of ecosystems and oceanography, so it's always nice to be able to include personal experience and first-hand information with the students.

Again, I appreciate any and all information you could pass along. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom