Looking for input on Dry Suit Pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Believe me, growing up in the Northwest and doing 99% of our diving in the Northwest, all of our gear is geared towards cold water diving. As far as the Modular pockets go, they are outfitted with a thick 1" wide plastic clip that attaches firmly to the suit. That pocket isn't going anywhere. The clips are also inexpensive, so if one is somehow broken, it is easily replaced. The only problem is that the molle system can only be put on a new suit and not an existing one.

I dive with a Poseidon Unisuit in the cold waters of the Great Lakes. Last year I had pockets put on and went with one bellows style and one neoprene velcro style. This works well, with the bellows style (zippered) able to handle a spare mask or other larger object and the neoprene pocket large enough for a back up light and spare tables. My concern with detachable style pockets would be in tight quarters, could ever loose them or insome situations where you struggle to get into a pocket possibly ripping the pocket off. My .02 worth.

I am currently diving the aqua pro plus. It came standard with a velcro pocket on the right thigh. This pocket has worked ok but with dry gloves it is difficult to tell if I have closed it properly just by feel. I recently sent my suit in and added a zippered pocket on the left thigh. This pocket performs much better. Now I wish I would have had you guys take off the velcro pocket and add another zippered pocket.

The type of pocket system you described sounds promising. As long as they were secure and created no snag issues.

Thanks

Gillty

I really like the pockets that came with my DUI. Zippered but that never failed me or got in the way. Grommeted holes.

I also really like the knife sheath on the outside of one of them - something else that has never failed me, unlike several other knife sheaths.

Me thinks Jerry ought send us a few prototype suits to check out. :) Promise to return them.... but VERY happy to keep em too! :wink:

BlueDolphin:
Me thinks Jerry ought send us a few prototype suits to check out. :) Promise to return them.... but VERY happy to keep em too! :wink:
Me too, me too :D
Buddy of mine has an USIA suit and it looks nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom