Looking for LDS in Newport Beach Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WannaLaguna:
Here in Toronto it is quite sad....the local news casts are starting to feature pee-wee games on their telecasts....talked about being hockey starved! I play too and did so when I was in Costa Mesa. I played up at Westminster Ice.
(http://www.westminsterice.com/) They are always looking for new players for pickup games when you need a fix!

I like their ice. There are a few arenas I wouldn't play at but Westminster isn't one of them.

IceDiverInCA:
I like their ice. There are a few arenas I wouldn't play at but Westminster isn't one of them.

Yeah, they are pretty nice people over there. The first day I showed up there was nothing going on but the attendant let me on the ice and I was able to get a good 2 hour skate in. I thought the ice was pretty good for SoCal.

They are from Quebec, they had those novelty no parking signs in their office window that said "Parking for Canadian's ONLY" Made me feel right at home pretty quickly.

: )

WannaLaguna:
Hey Guys,

I completely agree! Its the instructor first. And by the looks of it Craig is sending out allot of checks :eyebrow:

By the look of things I better double my prices...oh wait, I do this for the shear joy and pleasure of teaching.....its my accountant that FORCES me to charge.

IceDiverInCA:

Don't they get mad when you start drilling the hole and put your dry suit on?

IceDiverInCA:

Hmmmmm..... here's a crazy thought....there seems to be quite a few of us that play hockey. We should try and all get together for a game of pick-up, could turn out to be a regular thing....what do you guys think? Possibly put a team together?

Otter:
Not as mad as when you try to slide a fishing shack over the hole.

Otter:

See, that's why you buy an oversized suit so you can wear all the protective gear underneath. I just haven't figured out how to run a p-valve with a cup.

IceDiverInCA:
I thought Gord had a problem with the previous NAUI local rep and he cut ties with them and he now does business with SDI/TDI. Can anyone confirm this rumor mill?.

He did, but NAUI fired the rep. The new rep is a better guy, and Gord's back to being a NAUI shop .... and an SDI shop .... and a PADI shop! Only SDI allows the on-line teaching, so most of the entry level students actually get SDI cards.

MyDiveLog:
He did, but NAUI fired the rep. The new rep is a better guy, and Gord's back to being a NAUI shop .... and an SDI shop .... and a PADI shop! Only SDI allows the on-line teaching, so most of the entry level students actually get SDI cards.

You have your choice of cert agencies at Laguna Sea Sports. You can even get ANDTwhatever from there. No matter where you want your card from, though, you get awesome training! Gordie & Tammy are awesome. They're from Vancouver, BC Canada area.

Looking forward to diving with you when you make it out here.

L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom