Looking for LDS in Newport Beach Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otter:
By the look of things I better double my prices...oh wait, I do this for the shear joy and pleasure of teaching.....its my accountant that FORCES me to charge.

Hey Otter:

What happened to living in a small shack on the south side of Guam?

CA Diver:
Hey Otter:

What happened to living in a small shack on the south side of Guam?

When I found out that it costs as much or more to live in Guam as it does in OC, I started looking elsewhere....so far, no luck :wink:

scubalaurel:
You have your choice of cert agencies at Laguna Sea Sports. You can even get ANDTwhatever from there. No matter where you want your card from, though, you get awesome training! Gordie & Tammy are awesome. They're from Vancouver, BC Canada area.

Looking forward to diving with you when you make it out here.

L

Thanks Laurel,

I have my NAUI and PADI OW but went PADI for the AOW and for my upcoming Rescue Diver. As far as the DM and IDC...basically I have no preference. I'm going to leave it up to the instructor's abilities not agency affiliation. Both are great agencies but the real difference to me is in the individual and how he/she applies there abilities and instructing styles.

A BIG thanks to all....sounds like I will have a TON of tour guides! I REALLY appreciate the warm welcome! I can't wait to get down there!!!

Cheers All!

WannaLaguna:
Thanks Laurel,

I have my NAUI and PADI OW but went PADI for the AOW and for my upcoming Rescue Diver. As far as the DM and IDC...basically I have no preference. I'm going to leave it up to the instructor's abilities not agency affiliation. Both are great agencies but the real difference to me is in the individual and how he/she applies there abilities and instructing styles.

A BIG thanks to all....sounds like I will have a TON of tour guides! I REALLY appreciate the warm welcome! I can't wait to get down there!!!

Cheers All!

For training, I would definately do LSS. They spend waaaayyy more time than anybody else does, teaching you the local sites/beaches, reading waves/currents, understanding students' fears/abilities. I wanted mine quick, so I did PADI through Liburdi's, also very good staff. But, if I were to do it over I woud go with LSS.

We're not tour guides, we just need new excuses to get wet for our spouses :11ztongue

scubalaurel:
We're not tour guides, we just need new excuses to get wet for our spouses :11ztongue

HAHA. Yeah, I've been telling my wife about all these great people I've met online here and how I will not have a shortage of dive buddies. I was wondering when she was going to ask: "And just when do you plan on being home???" :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom