Question Looking for "Mike Nelson" style mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

France is a source of classic metal-rimmed black rubber-skirted oval masks:

Beuchat
Super Compensator
Senior Securit

Sommap
Classic Oval Masks (5 models)

Squale
Squale Original

Mexico's Escualo Sports has traditional blue rubber skirted oval masks:
Classic Oval Masks (5 Models)
The Squale was my first real mast. The present is close but not original.

This is the original I bought in 1957

1691251954602.png

You have a lot of good ideas above about an oval mask. I would recommend against the “Mike Nelson mask” as that mask, made by Voit, has the strap attachment on the very edge of the skirt, and when I tried it in the 1950s, it hurt my temples. (I’m trying to get a photo of that mask; figured it out :wink: )

IMG_0267 by John Ratliff, on Flickr

SeaRat

You have a lot of good ideas above about an oval mask. I would recommend against the “Mike Nelson mask” as that mask, made by Voit, has the strap attachment on the very edge of the skirt, and when I tried it in the 1950s, it hurt my temples. (I’m trying to get a photo of that mask; figured it out :wink: )

IMG_0267 by John Ratliff, on Flickr

SeaRat
…good picture, John. I have one in my collection and can actually get it to seal with some effort. I won’t dive with this one as it feels like ‘tire rubber’ on my face. It’s intact w/no deterioration. …just a nice part of my collection. Labeled ‘Swimmaster’ on the upper front seal strip, I reckon prior to Voit taking over production or as others have told me.

giantfroginthepool

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom