Looking for New rechargeable light for NJ wreck diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JG109

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So my Tusa 1000 LED (lights in motion) rechargeable finally died. I got it in several years ago, dive a lot, and think I got my moneys worth. It had the flood and spot and 3 power settings, don't really use flood in NJ (20 ft vis is a good day) I did have one issue early on and Tusa customer service was terrible!!
I have read a bunch of the threads, basically looking for:
1) rechargeable, the sealed light is nice but might be out of 2018 budget,
2) good to 220 ft, 70m
3) I like the pistol grip but not required
4) clip or lanyard point
5)) basically a sturdy,rugged, reliable light( wreck diving plus hauling around a grapnel and chain every dive).
6) Budget- would prefer under $200 or so.

saw the Cave Adventurers - Backup Lights - Lights - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold! recommended by tbone1004.

Any other recommendations?
Thanks

Last edited:
My current favorite handheld light is the Xtar D26.

XTAR D26 XM-L2 LED Diving Flashlight Set

You can get them for $53 on eBay.

They are just as bright as any of the above-mentioned lights. They all use the same Cree XM-L2 LED emitter.

The Xtar uses a 26650 battery, so it will give a longer burn time than a light that uses an 18650.

It has 4 brightness levels and a good spot beam with decent spill.

The On/Off is a push button and it has a twist-to-lock on the button, so you can lock it to prevent it accidentally turning on when you don't want it to.

It has an LED to indicate battery status.

It has a standard camera tripod-type screw hole on the bottom side, so you can mount it on something - even a pistol grip, I suppose, if you can find one that attaches like a tripod head. And it has lanyard holes at the butt for attaching a bolt snap (or lanyard).

I have 2 of them and they are all I have used for the last year or two. Not a single issue, so far.

Also, the Oxycheq Raider light sock is excellent for mounting it on the back of your hand (thanks, tbone!). I forget whether you want the I or III, but you want whichever one is for a fatter light.

Cave Adventurers - Light Parts and Accessories - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!

I also dive the wrecks in NJ. I wear 5mm gloves and have no issues with these lights and soft glove mounting option. I have had a lot of luck with BigBlue Dive Lights. Their customer service is great. Their lights are rated to 100 meters.

Currently using:
Main light: Bigblue Dive Lights

Backup light: Bigblue Dive Lights

Both of my lights mounted in this glove: Bigblue Dive Lights

You might be interested in this adjustable : Bigblue Dive Lights

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom