Looking for right log-book:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbdqsony

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am currently looking for right log book. I've search for it here but didn't find anything.

I found one website from here Dive-Logs.com - Scuba dive log refill packs, logbooks, log book stamps, and accessories but it's 72 bucks which is crazy. Is there any other website that allow you design your own logbook that located in usa?

Log-book is like journal for us so we must pick the one that we will feel comfortable with it for lifetime.

Thanks--

I work in advertising so I ended up designing my own. (In Illustrator)
Has all the things I want and none of the things I don't want.
I just print out pages as I need them.

But perhaps you've suggested a solution in your question. The log book is like a journal. Go out and buy a journal with blank pages, put a scuba sticker on the front, or not, and record whatever information you want about your dive, in your journal.

Find a nice simple booklet containing empty lined pages. You can put anything in it you want about any dive you want. Increase or decrease the space allocated per dive, as your needs change. Do you really need to record what wetsuit you wore every dive in Bonaire? Or, that the vis. was 100+ feet every dive in Palau? It's your log. Do what you wish and that includes spending $72.

I agree with Ernesto about designing your own, or re-purposing an existing journal/logbook. Keep in mind that the logbook is solely for you. It doesn't need to have bells and whistles, you just want to be able to log what you want. I use a heavy duty graph paper notebook as my logbook. I can make sketches, log info, glue in photos, etc. I can put in the info I want, where I want it. I can even tear out the pages, so if there is something I want to share with another diver, I can just write it down and tear it out. I like the gridlines, it allows me to line everything up. However, if you don't like the lines, you can do what Ernesto said and just get a blank journal.
Through all of that blathering, the point I'm trying to make is: You don't need to drop real money on a "Dive Logbook" to keep track of dive info. Think outside the logbook box, find a notebook you're comfortable with, and log the info you want to log.

Use the slovenian log pages. Draw a line from left to right half way down the page. Done. If you want to get creative you could use a straight edge to draw the line. :D

I like the "padi" log book. It has room for all the stuff you need like pens and cards and whatnot, it's only 35 bucks at most lds, I picked mine up for 25 bucks from a store that is a little slow right now.

Can someone at least send me PDF or word file so I can make adjustment on divebook and print it?

Agree with ''do your own''. Look at different models propose throughout the net; pick and choose, put it all together... Et voila... Drop me a PM and I will send you my template. Unfortunatly for you, it's in Frech.

Thanks everyone, I'll be designing my own like many have done. Just need to know the size I should make and Where can I find entry/exit box?

Thanks everyone, I'll be designing my own like many have done. Just need to know the size I should make and Where can I find entry/exit box?

I did my own using nothing more complex than Microsoft Word, mainly owing to my being fairly computer-illiterate. Sized it so that I could print two log pages side by side on a standard 8.5" x 11" page (in landscape mode), used a simple lined backside for comments (top line has spaces for Date, Site, Dive #; I tend to make extensive notes), print a master back to back, then just run off however many copies I need by making double-sided prints at the local copy shop. I cut the sheet in half to separate the two pages (so that I've got two pages 5.5" x 8.5"), punch holes in them with an adjustable hole punch, then put them in a standard PADI-size three-ring binder. I alter them as my diving changes and the information I want to record changes.

Guy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom