Looking for short boat trips to dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I will be coming to Thailand for a month in November. Our main objective is to do a lot of diving. The only thing is my wife gets motion sickness, so we hope to find a place where we can dive that has the shortest boat trips to get to the dive sites, or that has shore dives available. Does anyone know the most favorable place or places where we could go. Thanks in advance for any tips..

Koh Tao is probably one of the best places to dive in Thailand, not too crowded – water is clear and usually see large marine life like whale sharks here. Would come back anyday – I originally got inspired to travel here from one of the divemasters that works there and her pictures at:

Diving the Gulf of Thailand - Koh Tao

Koh tao is magical and what waits underwater is even better

Koh Tao is probably one of the best places to dive in Thailand, not too crowded – water is clear and usually see large marine life like whale sharks here. Would come back anyday – I originally got inspired to travel here from one of the divemasters that works there and her pictures at:

November is a bad month for Koh Tao.

On top of that, calling it not crowded and one of the best places to dive in Thailand are simply not true.

Yes, great diving and short boat trips. But November is the start of monsoon season. In 2006, I was in Koh Tao 26 Nov to 15 December to do my Divemaster training. Most of the dives had visibility of 2-7 meters. Consider taking anti motion sickness tablets. Sometimes you do not have to take a whole tablet; just a bit to take the edge off.

Have a great trip,

GJS

Back
Top Bottom