Looking For Snorkle Buddy/buddies Mid May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jenni7748

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi. I want to do some from shore snorkeling while in Coz May 14-19. I don't want to go alone for safety reasons. Wondering if anyone else might want to do a couple "drift" Snorkles along west side that I've read about online. I've never done them so I am not confident in finding them alone other than detailed info from several posts I've read. My interests are Punta Sur, all the way up to el Presidente hotel near the road to the airport--- I think. (I'll do more research before I arrive). Thanks Jenni

An easy and pleasant one is the walk and snork from Blue Angel up to Villablanca and back.

My interests are Punta Sur, all the way up to...near the road to the airport
Uh, you'd need a Diver Master thru the park, then special clearance by the cruise boats & docks. Take Gody's suggestion and try Villablanca to Blue Angel. :wink:
upload_2016-3-27_16-4-30.jpeg

You can go out to punta sur park and swim out to the reef no divermaster needed. I have heard there are a few locals that will tow you out there for a few pesos. There is decent snorkeling all up and down from hotel coz to tilkila bar. You can walk into hotel coz and jump in and go to blue angel. We have seen eagle rays on shore dives there you just never know. For a good no frills snorkel trip there is one at playa palancar that leaves about every few hours. Goes out to 2 reefs- $35 pp. You can cab there from town. No reservations needed. You should definitely try a discover scuba dive. Get a floatation device to tow behind you so boats will see you. I will be there in mid may also. Where are you staying?

Thank you so much for the responses! I'm staying close to Hotel Barracuda. I will check these places out and I have a bouy for safety. I do plan to try out discover scuba as well. Thank you again!!!

So, do you have your own equipment? Experienced? It's good to practice in a pool at home before the trip. I discovered a faulty drain valve in my snorkel that way once.

I used to think I didn't need a vest swimming in salt water, but I survived those foolish years. The inflatable vests are so easy to use, easy to deflate when not wanted, and cheaper than my first one...
$_35.JPG

Hotel Barracuda has a dive paradise dive shop inside. That's who I dive with. Their trainers are excellent. Ask for Genner.

So, do you have your own equipment? Experienced? It's good to practice in a pool at home before the trip. I discovered a faulty drain valve in my snorkel that way once.

I used to think I didn't need a vest swimming in salt water, but I survived those foolish years. The inflatable vests are so easy to use, easy to deflate when not wanted, and cheaper than my first one...
Guess I'm still foolish, then, because I never wear those things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom