Looking For Snorkle Buddy/buddies Mid May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess I'm still foolish, then, because I never wear those things.
Many don't. Most survive. I was by my cousin's grave yesterday. He drowned in Okinawa years ago, and I see another one was found today. You're welcome to laugh at mine.
Hence why YOU don't get nice Bday presents, Gun
That really was nice of you. My old one actually fits me better but it's been used by various members of the family at times.

Many don't. Most survive. I was by my cousin's grave yesterday. He drowned in Okinawa years ago, and I see another one was found today. You're welcome to laugh at mine.
Like anything else, it's risk management. When I snorkel I like to dive down and look at stuff, which I obviously couldn't if I were wearing one of those things.

Sure you could, just let all the air out. You might even get to see fish laugh.

Like anything else, it's risk management. When I snorkel I like to dive down and look at stuff, which I obviously couldn't if I were wearing one of those things.
Sure you could. The vests are inflatable, but you don't have to add air - just when you want to. If you don't, or if you deflate - no buoyancy. It does pay to check out the one way valve that may be locked open or locked closed; make sure it's open so you can add air if you need to.

It's your option, but they do offer added safety - buoyancy only on demand.

Last edited:
You should just get certified. Do your classroom at home and get a referral and never look back. I took these pics out in front of where we stay:
Shore diving images at Villa Aldora
If your good with your skills on your discover scuba class when you get there they can/will take you again. Hopefully from a boat though. Do your discover scuba as soon as you get there, first day if you can. Listen to the instructor and ask questions. If you like it, tell the instructor, shop, new dive buddies and anyone that will listen. They will take you again as long as your skills are good. As good as the snorkeling can be, Cozumel diving is world class. Trust me if you like to snorkel already, you will love to dive. I think its actually easier to dive than snorkel.
Great Snorkeling here but I'd rather just get a tank and putt, putt around while not getting a sun burn on the surface. I've had three+ hour dives in front of the Villa and only came back because I was getting hungry and thirsty.
I think you'll be an addict like the rest of us. Enjoy your time there. It's a wonderful island.

Sure you could. The vests are inflatable, but you don't have to add air - just went you want to. If you don't, or if you deflate - no buoyancy. It does pay to check out the one way valve that may be locked open or locked closed; make sure it's open so you can add air if you need to.

I have worn one in open water when snorkeling without a wetsuit. In a wetsuit, with weights, I would just ditch the weights.

Sure you could. The vests are inflatable, but you don't have to add air - just when you want to. If you don't, or if you deflate - no buoyancy. It does pay to check out the one way valve that may be locked open or locked closed; make sure it's open so you can add air if you need to.

For added safety I could just stay home. I am not wearing one of those things. I have been snorkeling for over 50 years and never felt the need for one. DSFDF and YMMV.

For added safety I could just stay home. I am not wearing one of those things. I have been snorkeling for over 50 years and never felt the need for one. DSFDF and YMMV.
Ok, fine - cool. Apparently you didn't know how they worked or that you could submerge wearing one, but now you do - so it's your choice. For others, they can enjoy snorkeling with increased safety wearing one instead of staying home.
I have worn one in open water when snorkeling without a wetsuit. In a wetsuit, with weights, I would just ditch the weights.
That would probably work ok, but few beginning snorkelers wear wet suits. They're a tool.

Ok, fine - cool. Apparently you didn't know how they worked or that you could submerge wearing one, but now you do - so it's your choice. For others, they can enjoy snorkeling with increased safety wearing one instead of staying home.
Don't know and don't care. Don't want and don't need. Not wearing one. Can't make me.

:D

Back
Top Bottom