Looking For Snorkle Buddy/buddies Mid May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi. I want to do some from shore snorkeling while in Coz May 14-19. I don't want to go alone for safety reasons. Wondering if anyone else might want to do a couple "drift" Snorkles along west side that I've read about online. I've never done them so I am not confident in finding them alone other than detailed info from several posts I've read. My interests are Punta Sur, all the way up to el Presidente hotel near the road to the airport--- I think. (I'll do more research before I arrive). Thanks Jenni
I am going to be in in PDC/Cozumel 5/17-5/24 and my buddy had to cancel this week so I will be solo as well. Haven't booked lodging yet but I will likely be in Cozumel the first few days. I got SCUBA cert last year but still plan on snorkeling the day I arrive and maybe another day. I have snorkeled several areas from the beach and really wasn't impressed by punta sur last year but there are plenty of other good areas to try. I don't like snorkeling solo either but have done it plenty. Let me know if you want to meet up 5/17 or5/18.

Thank you all for the responses! I will ck out the dive shops at the hotel-great idea. I would love to ck out those places you already know of SETXscuba.

I have snorkeled several areas from the beach and really wasn't impressed by punta sur last year

Did you go a ways out? They usually have kayak snorkel guides there that will drag you out there even. The wife LOVES it out there on the reef, sharks and turtles and all, but you gotta go OUT a ways.

Did you go a ways out? They usually have kayak snorkel guides there that will drag you out there even. The wife LOVES it out there on the reef, sharks and turtles and all, but you gotta go OUT a ways.
I am pretty sure I went far enough...probably 400-500 yards out and way past the buoys. I talked to some locals that were there and they told me where to go. Saw some turtles and an assortment of fish but not any better than the snorkeling I did in front of cozumeleno hotel. It was a fun trip but I probably wouldn't do it again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom