Looking for volunteer opportunities in Massachusetts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brilig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I love to dive but it's even more satisfying when it has a purpose. I have heard of groups that do things like marine archeology preservation, ghost net removal, eel grass restoration projects, and other such things. I recently read a news article reporting that since the advent of plastic coated steel lobster traps over the old style wooden traps more than one million of these traps have been lost in the Gulf of Maine. These traps "ghost fish" until they break down over time depositing the plastic coating into the ocean to become a part of the fish we eat. Is anyone out there working on the problem? I would love to get involved. I have just returned to diving after a long time away and have not really gotten back into the local scuba community. If anyone has information on projects in the Massachusetts area it would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Doc
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom