Looking to buy Nomad XT as first harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr0undzer0

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking to get into cave diving / wreck diving. I'm not quite there yet and I still need to take a deco class.

I was looking at the Nomad XT because is modular (single tank/multi tank/sidemount) I feel like I could use it now for a single tank and then add / modify the rig as I move closer to my goal.

Has anyone done any diving with this ? I've seen it with the side mount configuration but I want to know if its still good with single / multi tank setups on the back. Also.. in a 5mm I use 20 lb I currently weigh 200lb. No problem for this rig right?

I'm looking to get into cave diving / wreck diving. I'm not quite there yet and I still need to take a deco class.

I was looking at the Nomad XT because is modular (single tank/multi tank/sidemount) I feel like I could use it now for a single tank and then add / modify the rig as I move closer to my goal.

Has anyone done any diving with this ? I've seen it with the side mount configuration but I want to know if its still good with single / multi tank setups on the back. Also.. in a 5mm I use 20 lb I currently weigh 200lb. No problem for this rig right?

I have dove the nomad for singles and it was great. My trim felt good and I was using my 5mm wetsuit. I am 6' 1/2" and about 246. I used it about 4 times while waiting for my new BC to come in.

I used 10 lbs of lead along with my Steel HP130 FYI.

Last edited:
I have dove the nomad for singles and it was great. My trim felt good and I was using my 5mm wetsuit. I am 6' 1/2" and about 246. I used it about 4 times while waiting for my new NC to come in.

I used 10 lbs of lead along with my Steel HP130 FYI.

Happy to hear you liked it. What's an NC? If I hear more good reviews like this one I might have to hurt my wallet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom