Looking to Dive around Montauk in Mid May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Red

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Buffalo, NY formerly from Ontario, Canada
# of dives
500 - 999
Halooo!
I'm an Ontario Fresh Water Freak, one of those Crazy Canucks from elsewhere on the board, just dropping in to say Hi!
I'll be going to Montauk in mid May, actually to hang out with my S.O. while he surf's in a competition.
I'd like to dive while out there, any suggestions for sites? either shore or charters?
I've done fresh water lakes and Caribbean diving and
really looking forward to seing what cold salt water is like.

Chris- Hey!

You've got a few good options for some diving. Once you have your dates settled, go to www.hamptondive.com . Follow the boat diving links to the schedule for The Sea Turtle. They do some dives off of Block Island that will really let you see how great the diving is here, and the boat is docked right in Montauk Village.

For shore diving, there is an interesting, and very shallow wreck called The Culloden that is right off of the north side of Montauk Point. It's the debris field of an old wooden schooner, and there are some cannons and a lot of marine life there to see.

If you will have access to a car, and don't mind doing some driving, PM me or resurrect this thread when the date gets closer. If Jen and I are doing some other shore dives in the area we can arrange to meet somewhere and have you follow us out.

Either way, have a great time!

Scott

Thanks Scott
That sounds Fabulous - the shore diving has some great advantages - I'm really interested in seeing the marine life there, I've heard it is really neat - especially compared to fresh water lakes.
I'll drop you a PM closer to the date - thanks!

ScottyK:
Chris- Hey!

You've got a few good options for some diving. Once you have your dates settled, go to www.hamptondive.com . Follow the boat diving links to the schedule for The Sea Turtle. They do some dives off of Block Island that will really let you see how great the diving is here, and the boat is docked right in Montauk Village.

For shore diving, there is an interesting, and very shallow wreck called The Culloden that is right off of the north side of Montauk Point. It's the debris field of an old wooden schooner, and there are some cannons and a lot of marine life there to see.

If you will have access to a car, and don't mind doing some driving, PM me or resurrect this thread when the date gets closer. If Jen and I are doing some other shore dives in the area we can arrange to meet somewhere and have you follow us out.

Either way, have a great time!

Scott

Back
Top Bottom