Looking to dive Aruba 2/19-2/29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We also dove with Clive Paula several years ago and recommend him very highly. Don't know what you mean by "strict," but we did not find him the least bit unpleasant. He is a native Aruban and is able to talk very knowledgeably about the island, its history and culture. He is also a great diver and it was a joy to watch him in the water. We primarily dove reefs with him, but the Antilla Wreck is not to be missed - it's a 450' ship with large swim throughs. 2 of us did our first night dive with Clive at an airplane wreck that was very interesting. We found the Aruban people to be very pleasant and the island is beautiful - not a lot of rainfall, so it is fairly arrid. Several large grocery stores just like in the U.S. and lots of good restaurants and shops.

Here are some land photos: honeymoon2 : photos : Aruba 2005 March- powered by SmugMug

Nice dive report, h2oSkier, and nice pix as well! Some of those depths are a little deep for me and my GF's comfort range. We're new divers and our max is about 55', so 80'-130' sounds a little intimidating!

We've been to Aruba before (last year), alashas, and we loved it! In fact, that's where we did out first resort dive, we fell in love with diving and got certified this past summer.

Does anyone know any tricks to call Aruba for less than an arm and a leg per minute? I would like to call a couple of these operators to set up some diving... They don't seem to respond well to email!

I'll throw my backing to Clive and Dive Aruba as well. By the time you say Goodbye, he's like an old friend or family.
Great character. Has his boat rules likes things orderly, but let's you dive your computer.
I'm heading back in September and can't wait to dive with Clive again !

Yeah, well I emailed them a couple of times and have not heard back from them with any info. Can you shore dive there? If so, how much is it to rent tanks from them?

I read someone's post about the only shore diving in Aruba is there.

Also, (to hijack my own thread!) since you guys have experience diving in Aruba, can you make suggestions on appropriate tipping?

If you want to do shore diving, Jads is the place to be. The best shore dives in Aruba are right in their back yard.

Just heard back from Jads. He also sounds like a great operator. It's hard to make up my mind on who to dive with. Maybe a few days with each!

Jads says that he does a checkout dive in order to decide what the rest of your dives will be like based on your experience level and what you want to see. That sounds like a nice touch...

Jads is the best.

I can't remember how much they charge, but I know that their prices are competitive.

Not all the shore dives are for advanced divers only. Some shore dives are suitable for beginners.

Diving with JADS.

1 tank - 45
2 tank - 79

Enjoy your vacation I hope you get the chance to dive a little different and check Jads out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom