Looking to dive Aruba 2/19-2/29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's too expensive! I pay $62.00 including their new tax for a 2 tank dive with Native Divers.

If I read it correctly, Aruba only paid income tax until 2007. In Jan 2007 they had to start paying a 3.1% "sales" tax, and it was just increased by another 3.1% this Jan.

If I read it correctly, Aruba only paid income tax until 2007. In Jan 2007 they had to start paying a 3.1% "sales" tax, and it was just increased by another 3.1% this Jan.

Well, that's not too bad. Native Divers finally got back to me. They don't have a multi-dive discount, however their rates are the lowest of the three popular op's.

Ah, what a terrible dilemma I have! :wink: I don't know who to book my dives with. I like the personalized approach and shore diving opportunity of Jads, the low price of single days of diving with NativeDivers, and many divers on this board say "Clive, Clive,Clive"!

Did someone say that Native Divers only takes cash? That may weigh into my decision as well.

The weeks that I'm going is really busy down there. Probably wouldn't be a problem, but there is always someone to dive with...

It's not a sales tax but a turnover tax that company's pay, and it's equal to 3% of the gross turnover of the company. Some company's, rather than adjust their prices, will outright charge 3% or 3.1% to their clients over their regular prices.

And no, the turnover tax was not increased with an additional 3.1% this January. It's still at 3%.

The weeks that I'm going is really busy down there.

The cancellation happened in December, which is the busiest time in Aruba as it regards tourists.

Anyway, I hope you have a great time in Aruba. I'm looking forward to your trip report!

The cancellation happened in December, which is the busiest time in Aruba as it regards tourists.

Anyway, I hope you have a great time in Aruba. I'm looking forward to your trip report!

Wow, that's surprising! I'll have to keep that in mind. I don't really want to get caught needing to get on the cattle boat...

I vote Clive (Dive aruba). Once I was the only diver (the cruise ship ones didn't' show) and he still took me.

His sites are varied (reefs and wrecks). And a nice night dive. Jads is at the end of the island, don't know if they come and get you at your hotel, but Clive does. Also, Baby Beach requires an extra drive, whether you go or they come and get you. That being siad, I may try a dive or two from them next trip!

Back
Top Bottom