Looking to do a basic open water dive in Ginnie Springs, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ari_M

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,
I'm a fairly novice diver (advanced open water through PADI) and I happened to have some free days during a business trip. I'm interested in eventually cave diving but I'm nowhere near experienced enough. However I was still hoping to poke around the Ginnie Springs area while I'm in town. Unfortunately I don't have a dive buddy. Is there anyone going to the Springs in the next few days (4/27 to 4/29) that would be willing to show me around?

I'm stuck here in the Keys, though I would rather be up there. Have fun. You might find a buddy at the basin, but hopefully you'll get one here. Good luck!

Its over a 2 hour drive, so I'm not sure if I can justify a big maybe. Though I might just do it if I get antsy enough.

Its over a 2 hour drive, so I'm not sure if I can justify a big maybe. Though I might just do it if I get antsy enough.
Where are you at? I take it that you're visiting from New York.

Amelia Island. I guess the vis in the Atlantic is terrible this time of year or something.

The areas I've seen outside the caves are pretty shallow. Nice, clear water, but not very deep. Like 10 feet. The basins are convenient if you are in a class in high springs, but I'm not sure I'd do a 2 hour each way drive for that.

But I might have missed the best parts.

I've done a two hour drive to open water dive Ginnie and I enjoyed it.

Maybe call a dive shop in High Springs and arrange for a divemaster to go dive with you? It'll probably cost you a little bit, though.

If you've got a couple of days to spend, you might think about taking a cavern course while you're there.

If you've got a couple of days to spend, you might think about taking a cavern course while you're there.

Excellent idea. Call cave country dive shop

386-454-4444

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom