Lookout Point Express

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wetsuit 4 life

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good afternoon

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on this drift dive, I believe that it is
supposes to start at lookout point and end at the Cut.

What I don't know is how long does it normally take and what would be the ideal tide and
current conditions

Thanks
Dave

I've done it in both directions, but I have never had a successful drift dive. I've been waiting to try it again under maximal tide exchange but haven't had the opportunity.
Other times that I've done it, it was during moderate exchanges and I ended up swimming the whole way. Under these conditions it takes me about 55 minutes including brief pauses to look at stuff. I cruise between 60 and 80 feet and have no trouble navigating the course, just follow the wall. You might run into unexpected back eddies near the point at the Lookout side, just power through them and you're golden.

It's a great dive, good luck with it!

From log:
Gas Consumption = 3000 - 1000 = 2000
Max Depth = 68
Time = 68 mins
Avg. Depth = 49
SCR = 0.602 cu ft/min
Suit = Brooks Seal Suit
Small leak on the right post o-ring. Excellent dive -- largely a long wall drift dive. Interesting overhangs. Lots of small rockfish. Dark red female kelp greenling. Patches of plumose colonies.

I was on twin Al80's. It was a drift dive for the most part. Very little swimming was done. I chuck the increased in SAC rate (.55 to .602) to the leaking o-ring. Leak was big enough for me to hear it, but my buddies considered I'd be fine, which I was. We swam out to Lookout Point and went down right there. We came up at the bay, not the cut.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom