Looks like Frances is on the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cudachaser:
Storm has slowed to a crawl! Still in Cocoa Beach....Got plenty Rum

Joe,
If it gets too bad in Cocoa Beach, I have room in my house in Melbourne. Bring your rum... I have plenty of beer.

Al

The beach was really nice. The breeze was very cooling. I have my shutters up and ready to wait out the storm here. I have cold beer and munchies. I didn't even try to get gas today, I saw lines 30 deep. Sheesh! Tonight on the way home from Marvels, I was able to get gas without any waiting. Finding cash is another story. Haven't found an ATM to get money yet, and have been searching all day! Hopefully tomorrow morning early I can find some cash before I hunker down.

huricanes ...... why i never plan a August/September dive vacation in Florida

scubapro50:
huricanes ...... why i never plan a August/September dive vacation in Florida
Oh, yeah! Was down in the keys with my Dad during Charlie. and missed some diving days. Had to help him tie off the boat in the canal, with all the other boats, and get the rental house boarded up.
Now he's back up in Stuart, FL with his boat and we're here in Austin, and he's getting ready to ride this one out, too. Everyone in Fl has my deepest sympathies. Most of my family is there, my brother is in Delray Beach, Dad's in Stuart, I have an uncle and cousins in Tampa, and my Grandmother is in Pensacola. I worry every time a hurricane comes near, much less when they decide to blanket the state.

During Charley loads out of Tampa fled here, only to find themselves in the path still. Now we have people leaving Orlando for Tampa and the track seems to be slowly turning down there - ironic???

11pm update:

We're expecting middle TS storm force winds give or take a few mph... On a good note, I just saw that Frances has weakened to a Cat 3, cranking 125mph winds. This is because its run into a dry cool front off of the southeast coast. On the south sidewest side of the hurricane, the hurricane force winds are only extending out 45 miles.. For us in Ft Myers, this is great! For ya'll in WPB, to the north and west, don't let your guard down... it aint over till the fat lady sings!

I don't think we're out of the woods yet but I wish it would hurry up and get over! I'm going to have to restock the beer if it doesn't get here soon! LOL On the other hand I hope this gives everyone that little extra time to get ready. Be safe!

ReneeC:
I don't think we're out of the woods yet but I wish it would hurry up and get over! I'm going to have to restock the beer if it doesn't get here soon! LOL On the other hand I hope this gives everyone that little extra time to get ready. Be safe!

Not really a Floridian.....but I'm on a Miami based ship. We were supposed to pull into Miami Friday.....obviously that's changed. We're currently hiding behind Cuba (all things considered, a very good hiding place). Looks like this 4 day cruise will be a 7 or 8 day cruise.

Hope everyone on land who needed to bug out did. Y'all will be in my prayers.

Peace,
Cathie

Why do hurricanes always hit the nice places and not those areas that have poor diving like ... I don't know... S. Dakota (no offense to Dakotans, I wish you no ill will) I'm praying for you Floridians, close family in Orlando myself.

READY, AIM, FIRE!!!! DSW aims his new experimental anti-hurricane deflection device at Frances... Your name is FRANCES? :O
"The sonic resonator is working perfectly," he shouts. Suddenly a sputter comes from the device that looks like a giant Elmo doll strapped to a radar dish... NO! The Dilithium Crystals have fused Ta Gether! D*%^ it Jim! I'm a Doctor, not a meteorologist!
Hmm... need new batteries, too, it looks like. Anyone have a "c" cell?
Come on! Somebody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?
Hmm, I think I'll put it on my moon base Zappa and call it a "LASER".
AHA!!!
I'll duct tape two nine volt batteries and a river otter together! That should work as a power source! Oh yeeeeeeeeeah! He's a COLUMBIAN river otter!
We got this cane licked baby!!!
Prepare to downgrade it to a TS by Sunday afternoon!

*** Please note- This post was not intended to offend or degrade any individual, group, or ethnic unit. Although the otter bears a striking resemblace to a certain presidential candidate who also hung out in riv...
WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED THREAD>>>>>>>>>>>>>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom