Looks like Frances is on the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I reckon it is heading for us so i need to get life jackets or extra bc,s on muh horses dive gear in truck and truck locked in 4wheel drive. I hope it misses us wich is very unlikely my good friend wildbill went through the last storm. oh well I will check in after the few rain drops

I would consider any dyke or levy area a good reason to go to Tallahassee. Great Duck at Lucy Hoo's!

CBulla:
Know what the plywood is good for? Putting over the holes in your roof from the stuff thats blowing about. :D

I use it for the 8'x8' glass sliders we have (4 of them). I'm not so much worried about the plywood surviving, but slowing down things which may be flying. Course, right now, if the storm comes this way with any force, we're screwed.. the whole area is STILL littered with stacks of broken tree debris that was cut up and dilligently placed road side for removal.

I was thinkin of stacking a cord of wood up in front of each door... that would hold back flying stuff :D

You were doing some numbers on this what did you come up with ?.
The track since Sunday at 24hr periods has been
Sun 19N 55W.
Mon 19N 59W.
Tue 20N 65W.
Wed 22N 70W.
Thr 24N 74W
If it continues more W than N then it could be Homestead again or into the Gulf. Is there any fronts that a likely to push it N ?.

cdiver2:
You were doing some numbers on this what did you come up with ?.
The track since Sunday at 24hr periods has been
Sun 19N 55W.
Mon 19N 59W.
Tue 20N 65W.
Wed 22N 70W.
Thr 24N 74W
If it continues more W than N then it could be Homestead again or into the Gulf. Is there any fronts that a likely to push it N ?.

Big time. It looks like its going to turn west. See this link.http://www.crownweather.com/tropical.html

Plot the high pressure areas. From the maps near the end of the link.

I just checked the flight schedule out of Melbourne, and my flight is still a GO in the morning. Looks like the 10:24 flight is the last one out. Now, I'm having second thoughts about leaving. I hate the thought of leaving my house unattended with the thought of looters snagging all my scuba gear.

Al

I haven't kept track of the numbers so much as I have been watching the winds. Things have changed a little bit in that its got a little more liberty to flow north of my initial thought of through Key Largo and into the Gulf.. Right now, on current course and if winds don't change and let the storm flow north, its going to come ashore between WPB and Vero.. thats my guess and I'm stickin to it :D

have the girls on here noticed how hot the weather man is on the weather channel. yummy! sadly he is wearing a wedding band. but he is still nice to look at. Better than the usual 100 year old bald weather men.

Jenny & the Hermitcrab just left- they came over to see the beach before it got really crazy. I'm going to spend the night here & head on over to Jenny's tomorrow.... Surely is looking a little crazy! The wind has picked up a lot & the beach is beautiful. Very obvious South current- probably some rip tides out there, too.

Ok, as much i would like to think we are "out of the woods" in terms of the eye hitting us, i cant be sure we wont still get a pretty good hit. It looks like it is going to skirt around Orlando due to that front over GA - but i recall two days before Charley hit that they steered it away from I-4 and along I-75, then bang on the day it gets near land it swung back at us - what is to stop that happening again?? As much as i now expect it to pass along SR60 or so, i cant help the feeling that it will do what they predicted up until this 5pm update and head for Orlando from Vero Bch.

Stores and gas stations are wild places at the moment, people everywhere, long lines, hardly any supplies. For all the people i have seen buying plywood, from a roadside view survey, i can say that only about 5% of the people around UCF, Altamonte, Casselbery, College Park, Winter Park, Downtown, Maitland and such have actually got the boards up - that may change tomorrow, but it doesnt seem enough compared to the amount of wood boards i have seen on cars. Just an observation.

My roommate and i are going to hunker down in our house, see it out and then chop our way out of the fallen trees etc in the morning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom