Los Angeles airport hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking for a hotel near the Los Angeles airport (LAX). We have to stay to catch our morning flight out.

I mostly want somewhere safe and not run down.

Price-$200 or less per night is OK.

Thanks.

The Airport Sheradon has good rooms, good rates and you can park you car for a week with a room rental! Ask for the park and fly special.

If you like great microbrews, stay at the Four Points Sheraton LAX. The Brewsters bar in the Hotel has a great beer selection.

There's an Embassy Suites just south of the Airport. It's nice and quiet. There's two at LAX, this is the one I like better: Embassy Suites Los Angels Hotel near LAX airport s/b $129-159/nt.

If this link ^ doesn't work, it's on Imperial in El Segundo. Free breakfast unless you're leaving too early.

Or there's a newer Embassy Suites just north of the airport - they have a 24 hr. shuttle. Los Angeles Hotels: Embassy Suites Los Angeles LAX Airport North

If you get a hotel on property at LAX, get an east facing room - jets taking off to the west all night are a nuisance - the windows rattle. Flights plus cargo planes leave all night.

If you stay at the ES I recommended, the rooms on the south side of the hotel face a residential area - instead of the 105 freeway - although most cars turn off to LAX a couple blocks before the hotel.

Last edited:
Hacienda Hotel;
Great restaurant & 24hr diner (a lot of us aerospace workers on the graveyard shift eat there):
According to NBC Today Show Travel Editor, Peter Greenberg, in his book The Travel Detective - Flight Crew Confidential:
"My nomination for the best restaurant in California – maybe in the country – is the Mariposa Restaurant in the Hacienda Hotel".
Fun Dance Club (Salsa, West Coast Swing and NC 2-step).

I agree 100% with diversteve...Embassy Suites LAX South!! I used to travel to El Segundo every other month for work and stayed there exclusively. And it's not just the free cooked to order breakfast, but every evening from 5:30-7:30pm they have the "managers reception" which is a free all you can drink plus snacks. The all you can drink includes draft beer and any rail drink you want. Pretty nice! And you don't have to park in their garage, you can park right on the street out front. A short ~2 mile drive/walk down imperial and you are at dockweiler beach, very nice!

Skarn

Thanks everyone and diversteve. We will probably do the Embassy Suites.

Back
Top Bottom