Lost C Card...Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gottaride

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Guys and Girls. New here and wanted to ask how I should go about replacing my C Card. Got a friend that wants to do the Brac but I got no card. Easily rectified of course accept it's with NASDS and they seem to be defunct. Anybody got a clue as to what I should do?
Thanks for any and all help and glad to be aboard!

Can't help with the card.
But welcome on board.

NASDS merged with SSI ten years ago (SSI started as an offshoot from NASDS).

If you contact SSI (divessi.com) and you're not in their records they will tell you this:

We may not be able to locate records in our NASDS files because of a fire that occurred at NASDS headquarters in 1977, destroying all previous records. In order to get a replacement card you will need to fill out the replacement card form found in our public download area. This can be found by;
  1. Clicking on the "My SSI" tab at the top of the home page.
  2. Clicking on Downloads.
  3. Selecting the SSI Forms - Divers folder. Then select the USA C-Card Replacement folder
  4. Download the form, fill out, and return to SSI with any one of the following:
  • A photocopy of both sides of your NASDS card, even if it is in pieces or damaged
  • A photocopy of a diploma, certificate, or temporary card indicating the completion of your diving course
  • A photocopy of one of your dive log pages with an instructor signature
  • A letter from your instructor verifying that you took the diving course, along with his or her signature, instructor number, and contact number
  • A letter from a dealer, resort, or dive shop which has seen your card, on their company letterhead with signature and contact number.
With this information, we will be able to complete the processing of your card. If you have further questions, please contact us at 800.821.4319 or by email at c-cards@divessi.com

Hope this helps,
Bryan

Wow... that's some awesome information Bryan. Thanks for the heads up. I was certified with them in 1989. So I shouldn't have a problem. Your help is much appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom