Lost camera & strobes, end of Colombia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kuddos to DM Julio for agreeing to go to 150 to retrieve your lost camera and strobes for you! I know you were heartsick at how fast it occurred even though you had it all secured......Any day we arrived at the boat this past summer and Julio was on it as our DM, I grinned wide knowing in an instant it would be "my kind of dive". His eyes are amazingly trained for unique critters , and I loved and appreciated his pace for the dives we had with him! This is another reason to respect him even more for the awesome customer service he is willing to provide!
Again, you are so lucky to have it found so quickly! I hope the remainder of your trip is blissful.

I'm very happy to have it back & it worked perfectly for both dives that day & there was no evidence of water in the housing. Unfortunately the next day the camera refused to turn on and after several attempts it's still dead (tried both batteries I bring). The camera is 10 or 11 years old & I can replace it for roughly $50-75 with a used one which I will do.

I thought I'd share the 2 photos that I was sure I got that after editing would be keepers. I've got many nice Eagle Ray photos but the one with my fellow diver out front setting up his shot added scale to the photo. These are both the same Eagle Ray & I broke away so as not to spook it as soon as I got that shot.

IMG_6163V2-001.jpg
IMG_6165V5.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom