Lost camera & strobes, end of Colombia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the delay but learning this new tablet without a real keyboard or mouse is very frustrating & slows me down drastically. I got my camera back & it worked perfectly yesterday. I downloaded the photos from day 1 & it took several attempts to edit & upload them & I'll re edit properly at home. Dove with Julio as DM today too.

My Flick account isn't working properly right now so I'll post the link later.

Im not surprised he found it he's the type that can spot a nudi branch or tiny creatures all day long

I have only dived with Julio on 2 dives, but I have what I think is an interesting story about him attesting to his underwater eyesight. We were about 30 minutes into the dive on The Bricks at about 60 feet when Julio waved me over to a spot he was looking at on the bottom. On my way over I saw him reach behind him under his bc and pull something out. When I got there he handed me a magnifying glass and pointed to a spot on the bottom. Sure enough there was the smallest marine life I had ever seen to that point in over twelve hundred dives. I don't even know what I was looking at, but it was fascinating and I wouldn't have seen it without his magnifying glass. I don't know how he saw it in the first place, but he did. Now I have a new problem: "where do I stow my magnifying glass?". :) :wink: Just one more thing I have to carry! LOL

I'm really glad your camera was found and returned. Tres Pelicanos and their crews and employees are top notch.

Just my $.02

Cheers - M²
:cheers:

I think this one is going to turn out great when edited.
IMG_6165.JPG

He did that today too. Nudibranch. Very tiny.

I have only dived with Julio on 2 dives, but I have what I think is an interesting story about him attesting to his underwater eyesight. We were about 30 minutes into the dive on The Bricks at about 60 feet when Julio waved me over to a spot he was looking at on the bottom. On my way over I saw him reach behind him under his bc and pull something out. When I got there he handed me a magnifying glass and pointed to a spot on the bottom. Sure enough there was the smallest marine life I had ever seen to that point in over twelve hundred dives. I don't even know what I was looking at, but it was fascinating and I wouldn't have seen it without his magnifying glass. I don't know how he saw it in the first place, but he did. Now I have a new problem: "where do I stow my magnifying glass?". :) :wink: Just one more thing I have to carry! LOL

I'm really glad your camera was found and returned. Tres Pelicanos and their crews and employees are top notch.

Just my $.02

Cheers - M²
:cheers:

I have not had a chance to meet Julio or dive with him yet. Hope it will happen in the future!

I don’t think he’s a “regular” staff at 3Ps?

I think this one is going to turn out great when edited.View attachment 444844

Awesome photo !!

When I was in Cozumel last March we had some great encounters with spotted eagle rays, including multiple eagle rays in one location more than once. If I recall correctly, at one spot we had eight or nine feeding and swimming around us. We just lay motionless and enjoyed the show. Hope to experience something similar to this next month.

Divegoose

...Sure enough there was the smallest marine life I had ever seen to that point in over twelve hundred dives. I don't even know what I was looking at, but it was fascinating and I wouldn't have seen it without his magnifying glass. I don't know how he saw it in the first place, but he did. Now I have a new problem: "where do I stow my magnifying glass?".

I've been diving with a magnifying glass on a retractor, clipped to my BCD (D-ring on my upper left side strap) for years. First got it for diving in Raja Ampat - specifically for the pygmy seahorses and teeny nudibranchs. It's easy and I use it on most dives. Don't leave home without it!!!

I've been diving with a magnifying glass on a retractor, clipped to my BCD (D-ring on my upper left side strap) for years. First got it for diving in Raja Ampat - specifically for the pygmy seahorses and teeny nudibranchs. It's easy and I use it on most dives. Don't leave home without it!!!
I have one as well. It's just a cheap bookstore plastic one with a hole drilled through the handle for a lightweight cotton line that I tie to a D ring on the BC. I use it a lot on dives like Colombia Shallows where there is little to no current and the coral heads soar to within 6-8 feet of the surface.

One thing I found out, though. Plastic and glass lenses do not magnify nearly as much in water as they do in air because of the difference in refractive index between air and water. That's why corrective lenses for dive masks are always affixed to the inside surface of the the faceplate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom