Lost Camera today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I know this is a long shot...but if any of you diving today found a camera, I have a devastated diver who would love to recover it, if nothing more for his photos.

The camera is an Olympus 5050 in the PT-015 Oly Housing with one strobe attached.

He was diving Yucab on the second dive, currents were going south...so it could be anywhere south of Yucab. It most likely would have been found floating on the surface as it positive and had no weight on it...other than the weight of the strobe which has a neoprene handle.

If you found it or know anything, please contact me at info@bluextseadiving

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

You'd see a grown man break down and cry like a baby if I lost my C5050. I really feel sorry for that guy and I totally wish I was there on Cozumel right now to help look for his camera.

I hope someone returns it - thanks for posting it Christi.

I hope someone returns it - thanks for posting it Christi.

Yeh, me too! He's got several days worth of his photos on the chip and no doubt there are some great ones. He's incredibly bummed! Today was his last dive day too :(

I also e-mailed every dive shop on the island that I have an address from - I hope somebody finds it and turns it in!

Oh man, that would suck. Hope he gets it back.

Download those pics daily, and always keep the camera clipped to you. Those rinky dink wrist lanyards are not enough.

For what its worth, offer a reward through the Shops

Here's some good finding vibes from Australia!

I would have been gutted if I lost my 5050 when I still had it...miss that camera, actually!

Here's hoping some kind soul recovers it!

Hope you find it. I lost a dive watch there in 1992. Going back in August to find it.

Back
Top Bottom