Lost Gear-Poll :11:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was living with a buddy in his house. Came back after vacation and the bank had locked his house tight and all of my stuff was gone. Diving gear, cert. papers/card, clothes, trophies, etc. Never was able to recover the good stuff. Couln't prove it was mine. He moved away before I got back.

I lost a dive rite pocket (~ $30.00) off my waist webbing on its maiden voyage. I was diving a river with fairly good current. I didn't think it could slip off past the buckle - WRONG. I'm not even sure whether I lost it in the river as I was taking gear off or as I was carrying it back to the car. I now use $5.00 army surplus ammo pouches.

I've lost two buddies and one student and...

Just Kidding.

I've never lost any gear, I have had several lights flood, though. Once I dropped my camera above a wall, but a buddy caught it.

TT :11:

Virgil:
I believe that the Gods of diving insist you must never go more than a few weeks without buying a new bit of kit. If you can't think of anything you need they just make you lose something you already have.

Maybe thats why I've been lucking and haven't lost anything yet. there is always something dive related that I'm looking to buy. Also my dive buddy is real good at finding lost dive lights, he has already found three and also a dive knife! :eyebrow:

Lost a snorkel @ Dutch Springs on a night dive. Lost a pair if shears at Folly Cove, only to discover that another member of our group had found them. Then lost them again on another dive. Lost a small knife, I think somewhere at Cape Ann, but can't remember now.
Have found a small light, 2 nearly identical integrated weight pouches, each with 10# of soft weight. One at Old Garden Beach last year, the other at Dutch Springs this year.

i've only ever lost a camera (sounds of wailing and gnashing teeth), flooded a
camera (more sounds of wailing and gnashing teeth), and lost a dive knife in a
nasty current.

Lost a fin, but sent my brother back for it, so now it's found. Found a snorkle, weight pouch, 10ish pounds of weight, a coke and candy bar.

Lost a fin while bringing a simulated victim in through the surf zone during Rescue class. Luckily a snorkler found it about 5 minutes later.

Most of my underwater acquisitions have just been single blocks of lead, but in March I found a weightbelt with 16 pounds and a pair of IST's version of Jetfins near Ulua on Maui.

goodknight411:
Lost a fin, but sent my brother back for it, so now it's found. Found a snorkle, weight pouch, 10ish pounds of weight, a coke and candy bar.

Yeah ain't that sweet, she loses her fin then sends ME freediving after it in 40 feet of water! Gotta get her some spring straps....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom