Lost items off Venice Beach near Sharkeys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always wondered why you never dive there anymore.

Well, that plus Alhambra is the worst diving beach in Venice. Worst parking, no facilities and I always find more and better teeth elsewhere.

Well, that plus Alhambra is the worst diving beach in Venice. Worst parking, no facilities and I always find more and better teeth elsewhere.

Well that quite an opinion! We like going there regularly! Parking actually is about the same as the other sites as is the distance to the water! Facilitiesare a problem but only if you don't mind roughing it a bit!!! We have found our best finds there and really enjoy watching the new reef take shape! There is always something new to be seen. I guess though any dive spot is only as nice as you make it!

Yes Scott, it is my opinion. I've only found one small meg at Alhambra, and a bucket of small teeth, and what do you do with a bucket of small teeth? Service Club park has a paved parking lot and you don't have to worry about neighbors complaining about how/where you park. It has showers to rinse your gear and shade if your planning to spend any time there. 2thdivr and I dive there regulary and do quite well finding megs plus there is a nice coquina reef and the culverts to check out. South Brohard has an even larger parking lot, everything else that Service Club has plus a nice artificial reef like the one at Alhambra and I've found plenty of mammal fossils there including mammoth teeth and tusk sections along with occasional megs. So what makes Alhambra attractive? It has less of everything than any other site except a cult of followers.

Last edited:
Yes Scott, it is my opinion. I've only found one small meg at Alhambra, and a bucket of small teeth, and what do you do with a bucket of small teeth? Service Club park has a paved parking lot and you don't have to worry about neighbors complaining about how/where you park. It has showers to rinse your gear and shade if your planning to spend any time there. 2thdivr and I dive there regulary and do quite well finding megs plus there is a nice coquina reef and the culverts to check out. South Brohard has an even larger parking lot, everything else that Service Club has plus a nice artificial reef like the one at Alhambra and I've found plenty of mammal fossils there including mammoth teeth and tusk sections along with occasional megs. So what makes Alhambra attractive? It has less of everything than any other site except a cult of followers.

I totally agree with Sh@rkW@tcher on this.
But that's only my opinion.
Others seem to love the place.

Lisa, it is my opinion that Service Club park, which is about 1/2 mile north of Sharkey's is probably the best beach in Venice for sharktoothing, South Brohard, which is about 3/4 of a mile south of Sharkey's is better for mammal fossils and has a nice artificial reef and a couple of natural ledges close in for fossil hunting and fish watching. Look in between the blocks @ the artificail reef for teeth. The beach/ park just north of Sharkey's is a new county park and I'm not sure what it's name is. BTW you can't dive within 300 ft of the pier or you'll get a visit from the sheriff!

Last edited:
thanks! I am planning on headed back that way next week. I want to go back to spot I lost the camera (I know, very doubtful - but gotta try) but we'll try the other two beaches you suggested. What is the beach called where Sharkey's is?

no problem. I got the address for Southbrohard and Service cub park so I can load in GPS. But we are also taking the boad as well. I'm on a missing to look for both teeth and lost items :)) and a much needed two week road trip with diving included!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom