Lost Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello??........trust me that the mask has already been found (do you guys know how MANY divers pass by there daily?) and that the person who found it is bummed that it's a prescription mask! IMHO the best thing to do now is to have someone put a sign with the reward info at the marina in a prominent place. Sorry but I think that's the only hope.....good luck!

Hello??........trust me that the mask has already been found (do you guys know how MANY divers pass by there daily?) and that the person who found it is bummed that it's a prescription mask! IMHO the best thing to do now is to have someone put a sign with the reward info at the marina in a prominent place. Sorry but I think that's the only hope.....good luck!

Betsy beat me to it (Hi Betsy :) )

Bummer about the mask - especially with it being a prescription mask.

The unfortunate reality is that it's either been found and snatched up or it's gone to abyss heaven. The likelihood o finding it in THAT location is very slim - especially for those that mentioned looking for it next week or the next.

Betsy's suggestion is a good one. Good luck!

...at least you didn't loose one of those $ 1500 Oceanic Data masks !

If you lost it in deep water at the surface, it most likely went a long way before it reached the bottom. Sometimes you just gotta write it off.

Marina: good idea! Maybe walk around asking too...?
....at the end of the dive as she got on the boat.
Saw that happen once last time there; MOF incident. Her hubby chased it and caught it luckily. He'd had his puter set on air for a nitrox deep dive so didn't really know how he set there, but no ill effects. I carry two prescription masks on every dive but I'm guessing this diver just had one, and the trip is stressed. Bummer.
...at least you didn't loose one of those $ 1500 Oceanic Data masks !
State Farm PAP: good idea! Or trip insurance.

If it was a negative diopter correction, it's possible you might find an off-the-shelf solution there in Cozumel.

If you lost it in deep water at the surface, it most likely went a long way before it reached the bottom. Sometimes you just gotta write it off.

But it never hurts to ask.

We are going to the Gardens today but I agree with Christi and Betsy. It will be amazing if someone finds it. I will keep my eye out though.

Peace,
Dennis

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom