Lost my keys in a lake? Well, I'll just strap an anchor to my body and....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wonder how long before PADI see the potential and start the "hose diving speciality" so you can do it safely and they can make some money.

String:
Wonder how long before PADI see the potential and start the "hose diving speciality" so you can do it safely and they can make some money.

String, let's write up the outline for a "distinctive speciality" :wink:

I wonder if he logged those dives....
I'm waiting on the trip report.

C'mon, wasn't his real mistake diving without a buddy? I mean the buddy could have offered him his backup garden hose, or helped the guy jam his own hose back into his mouth, thus preventing this near-tragedy.

Geez, solo garden-hose divers. You gotta train for that stuff.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/4809651.html

So this guy goes down 30 feet with a garden hose and a boat anchor tied to his waist to retrieve a set of keys he dropped. The report seems to imply that it is possible to do what they were trying if it were not for the fact the the hose came out of his mouth.

I hope none of these guys including the reporter and editor are divers.......

miketsp:
In principle yes, I was imagining that he walked into the lake down a sloping bottom and that he would have felt the resistance as soon as he hit any depth - so he should have tried to walk out but then the CO2 buildup would get him...

Of course if he jumped in from a pier then it would just suck his guts out.

They said he was in 30 feet of water! I am beginning to have my doubts about the authenticity of this story. How he could have possibly drawn air into his lungs (unless he is an ardent viewer of Diaphrams of Steel) he would have been hosed (pun intended).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom